Reload this Page >

Anyone been to.....

Search

Anyone been to.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 01:03 PM
PDV28

Anyone been to.....

<BR> Vallauris France? Is it nice? What is your favorite southern and/or French Riviera city? I am looking for a small southern French feel. A village that is somewhat smaller than most but does offer great sightseeing, shopping and dining experiences. <BR> <BR>Thank you very much! <BR>Patricia

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 02:39 PM
adrienne

Hi Patricia, <BR> <BR>I’ve only driven through Vallauris so I can’t comment on it. It does seem to me that it would be difficult to find “great” shopping, dining, and sightseeing all in one village no matter where it is. There are several villages in southern France offering great dining experiences such as Moustiers-Ste-Marie (Bastide de Moustiers) or Mougins (Moulin de Mougins). If you’re looking for ceramics, Moustiers would also be a great shopping experience for you; if you’re looking for clothing I’m not sure if this is the town you want. If you’re looking for a charming village it would meet your criteria. <BR> <BR>Can you define what great sightseeing, shopping, and dining mean to you. Do you want a four-star restaurant or simply a charming local place with no Michelin stars but good food? Are you interested in museums or churchs or a natural formations. What are you shopping for? Identifying your likes/dislikes would help form an answer. How far from a main city/airport are you willing to travel for these experiences? <BR> <BR>Adrienne <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 04:04 PM
PDV28

Adrienne, <BR> <BR> Thank you for responding to my post. My tastes are so varied that it makes it hard to narrow down exactly what I will like b/c I am so easy to please, and whatever I find I am probably going to like. I am open to any & all your suggestions! <BR> <BR> I will say that I am looking to visit a smaller, quaint village in Southern France to get a feel for the provincial life. I am also going in November and I realize that probably limits the possibilities. I am interested in doing the usual sightseeing things (visiting churches,the village, any small museums, bullfighting(?), festivals, any kind of shopping, any kind of dining. What would you sugggest?Anything besides sunbathing as I am not much of a sunbather. <BR> <BR> I would love any and all suggestions on things to do, what to see (out of the ordinary), and any towns you really enjoyed. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Patricia <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 05:11 PM
adrienne

Patricia, <BR> <BR>May I email you with some information I have on hand? <BR> <BR>Adrienne <BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 05:44 PM
PDV28

Adrienne, <BR> <BR> Here is my e-mail address. I would love to hear your info. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Patricia

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 05:59 PM
adrienne

Patricia, <BR> <BR>You have mail. <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 09:00 AM
PDV28

Thanks to everyone for helping advise me in my post. <BR> <BR>Happy travels to all! <BR>Patricia