Reload this Page >

Any problems with Air France?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 02:45 PM
Heather

All this talk about Alitalia, and the smoking flight attendants, got me scared about my upcoming honeymoon to Italy. I am flying on AirFrance from LAX to Rome. Has anyone had any problems with them? I don't think my allergy to cigarette smoke could handle 11 hours in a tin can with smokers!

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 02:55 PM
Judy

Hi Heather, Flew AF to Rome from Atlanta, no problems with smoke in main cabin, BUT my sensitive nose, detected some lingering smoke in one of the bathrooms! Attendants seemed to ignore the occasional smoke wafting out...FYI, <BR>Judy ps. normally AF is fine...

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 03:07 PM
Bob Brown

I flew AF to and from Paris last September. No smoke problem. My complaint that as a man barely 6 feet tall, I was squeezed for space on the new DC 777 aircraft now in use on that route. Food was ho hum. I expected a little more French flavor. <BR>The crew was professional, in fact, the flight over had a problem when a person blacked out. With a minimum of fuss the crew got the person onto the floor inthe galley and got a doctor, who was on board. I think most passengers in the forward section of cattle class knew there was a crisis in progress.

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 03:10 PM
Bob

I meant to say: <BR>I think most of the passengers in the forward section of tourist class were unaware that there was a crisis. Syntax got tangled.

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 03:44 PM
tcc

Not to worry Heather (not too much anyway). I flew on Air France to Paris in March and didn't smell any smoke. As Bob said, the food was so-so, but seems it was a lot better than what people have been saying about the food on Alitalia. Seats are a bit small, but unless you're in first class, I don't think anyone would be comfortable in cattle class (and I'm a petite woman- only 5 feet tall!) anywhere. <BR> <BR>Best, <BR>tcc

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 03:29 AM
Nancy

Just returned on Sunday from Paris to Atlanta on Air France. No smoking on the plane.

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 03:49 AM
Ac

Heather: <BR>Four flights on AirFrance. All pleasant and problem free. All Smoking was banned about 2 years ago and I have not seen or smelled any offenders. <BR>Forget about the food, typical coach fare. Have a bite before you board, bring some snacks if you like and enjoy the little snack they give you about 1 hour before you land. The cold OJ tastes great after a long flight. Plenty of cold bottled water available during the flight. <BR> <BR>Have a wondeful honeymoon!

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Leslie

I flew from Atlanta to Milan on Air France earlier this year, and I realy liked everything. The food was different and I ate everything they put in front of me. But, unlike a Sabena flight I was on 2 years ago there was no smoke or smelly passengers to annoy me for 8 hours.

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 06:30 AM
Sally

I flew AF in March - no smoking. I *liked* the food! We started w/ smoked salmon on brown bread, moved on to a salad, then a fish dish - can't remember what but it was pretty good. Not outstanding, but pretty good. Then a cheese course, then dessert. All in coach. And I thought the seats were very comfy, but maybe that's because I'm used to flying on smaller planes within the US. I'm also 5'2" so that probably helped.