Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Any opinions regarding Grand Hotel Leveque?

Any opinions regarding Grand Hotel Leveque?

Feb 25th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Alicia

Any opinions regarding Grand Hotel Leveque?

My husband and I just made reservations at the Grand Hotel Leveque in Paris. We will be visiting from May 2-May 5. We were interested in knowing how close the hotel is to the popular sites (Eiffle Tower), is it clean, does the staff speak english, is it close to restaurants, metro stops, etc. We reserved a room here because the hotel seems to be highly recommended. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Feb 25th, 2001, 10:40 AM
michele

Alicia,
The Rick Steves description is pretty accurate. The hotel has a good location; as I recall you can walk to the Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler is a market street, very charming, there are several good restaurants in the neighborhood.

The woman at the front desk (cuubyhole)spoke English, the room was spotless and had a tiny, but very modern bathroom. The breakfast room is spartan and plastic.What the hotel doesn't have is any sort of charm or atmosphere. It's rather institutional.I wouldn't stay there again because of that.

Feb 25th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Fred

People who stayed there had these comments about it:
on very fancy street. Clean, comfortable
basic hotel but fine - renovated last year
small rooms but very clean, comfortable
wonderful, wonderful
returned and will again
try and get a room that faces the street
rooms in the back are not as pleasent........smells from the garbage [note: actually probably aged cheese from shop next door]
spiffy with fresh decor
It's very clean, tastefully (though basically) decorated
staff is very nice

Feb 25th, 2001, 06:54 PM
Betsy

The Levque has been renovated since '99 and so the above descriptions may be from before the renovation. It is very close to the Eiffel Tower and in an (I think) an extremely good location.Another hotel just down the street is the Champs du Mars for about the same price. I have stayed there (no smells!) and really enjoyed it. Both hotels are very convenient to the Metro, (Ecole Militaire).

Feb 26th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Gloria

Alicia,

I stayed there last April and loved it.
It was on one of the most quaint streets
that I saw in Paris. The street was full of markets and gourmet shops. Across the street was an ATM and the post office is right on the corner with a great bakery on the other corner.

The rooms were on the small side, but very clean and no odors. I'm planning to stay there again this April.

Feb 27th, 2001, 05:31 AM
Curt

We stayed there in November 2000. It is a very nice hotel. We had a back side room and it was fine. No smells (and yes the cheese shop does have some interesting odors). Room was very pleasant. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was fairly priced for Paris hotel. Location is excellent. Rue Cler is good street. Nice little place to eat called Leo the Lion one street over.
You won't go wrong with this hotel.

Feb 28th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Alicia

Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately, I just received an email from the hotel stating that they are full during our visit. I am now trying the Champ de Mars hotel. Any opinions on this one? I need their website. If you have it, please pass it along. Wish me luck.

Search this Thread