Reload this Page >

Any luck with Reserve the Best?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 05:20 PM
Meg

Has anyone had any success in using Reserve the Best or similar services to make dinner reservations? I have never received a response from them - even after sending a second e-mail. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 03:42 AM
mom

Hi Meg: <BR>I gave up after trying four times.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 04:38 AM
Me

The first time I tried them they couldn't get me the restaurant I wanted (Jules Verne, understandable). They made a couple of other recommendations which I didn't want. I tried for another restaurant and haven't heard back, that's been several weeks ago.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 07:22 AM
Meg

Thanks for the info guys.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 08:55 AM
Diane

What is your time frame? I had the best luck simply calling the restaurant, but then I was calling about two months in advance. (We wanted to celebrate my 50th b-day somewhere exceptional.)

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Meg

Diane - we are trying to book a place for New Year's Eve. The problem is, the only place I found info on the restaurant was on the Reserve the Best or Best Restaurants websites. It's not one of the famous French places - in fact, (I'm almost scared to say on this board!) - it's a Thai place. (OMIGOD!) I have an address for the place but no phone number.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 10:55 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Meg, try www.pagesjaunes.fr to get the phone number.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 11:03 AM
Meg

Thanks, Brian - worked like a charm.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 03:28 PM
debbie

I just got an email today from Reserve the Best. I think it's been about a week since I tried to contact them. I was inquiring about reserving for dinner on New Years Eve. They told me it was too early to reserve since most restaurants don't know yet if they will be open. They asked me to call back in the middle of November. Their phone number is 331 42 25 10 10. In the meantime, I called La Fermette Marbeuf directly and they sent me a brochure for New Years Eve. Call me naive, but their price range on the web was a la carte: 260F. On New Years Eve they are charging 1500F per person!! The brochure was in french and we translated it as best we could and it seems it is a formal affair, "a night of magic" and they require 30% down at the time of reservation. So, you might want to inquire whether or not your restaurant of choice is planning a special party or will the regular menu be available. Needless to say, with four of us dining, I will not be paying $800 for dinner. Good luck.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 03:35 PM
Meg

Debbie - it's been well over 3 weeks since I last contacted Reserve the Best by e-mail and still have heard nothing. I called the restaurant directly today and made reservations. I didn't think to ask about a special menu. I will have our hotel check on this when they confirm our reservation for us. Thanks.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 04:54 PM
Yes

Hellooo Debbie, You need to know that Fermette Marbeuf is worth it!! Dined there a few weeks ago and you will find that it is the perfect place for New Year's Eve or any other special occasion! Make the reservation, you won't regret it!!