Reload this Page >

Any info on these hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 10:21 AM
Alma

Hi, planning my tour for June 20001. These hotels are in the brouhures. <BR>Britain & Ireland: <BR>1-Copthorne Tara (London) <BR>2-Hilton Bath Waterside (Bath) <BR>3-Granville (Waterford) <BR>4-Randles Court (Killarney) <BR>5-Burlington (Dublin) <BR>6-Ruthin Castle (Wales) <BR>7-The George Intercontinental (Edinburgh) <BR>8-Hilton York (York) <BR>9-Alveston Manor (Stratford-Upon-Avon) <BR>In Paris: <BR>1-Frantour Suffren <BR>2-Nikko de Paris <BR>3-Ibis Cambronne Tour Eiffel <BR>These are the hotels that the tour will put us in, any info on the quality & location? <BR>Anything will be helpful before I make my choice of tour groups. Feel free to email me if you'd like or post a reply here. Thanks. <BR>

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 01:02 PM
Sheila

The two I know are the George in Edinburgh and the Alveston Manor in Straford. Both are well above average for cost and quality whilst not being superluxury. (Although I did once get a room at the George during a conference wich was over the airshaft and the cats ran screaming at the idea of any swinging). George location excellent. Alveston Manor location- slightly out of the main stream

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 05:00 AM
Ellen

I have stayed at the Eiffel Ibis Cambronne. It is a modest type place with functional but small rooms. For the dollar, I think it is a good value but there is no charm to it. It is right across the stret from the Cambronne metro stop. If the price was right, I'd stay there again. The hotel staff was helpful. <BR> <BR>I just got back from Paris yesterday and in fact went into the Nikko. It is in my opinion a little away from the main attractions. The lobby is very nice and it is likely much, much more expensive than the Ibis Tour Cambronne. <BR>Ellen

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 03:45 PM
Alma

Thanks Ellen, but do you think that the Nikko would be a good choice? Is it too far from things? Are the cafes nearby. Did the Ibis Cambronne have A/C? I think in Mid June, A/C would be necessary for me. Anymore info?

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 07:51 PM
Alice

We have stayed in the Copthorne Tara (London) and the Frantour Suffren as well as Nikko (Paris). Copthorne is very nice property and great location, about 1 block walk to Tube, near shops and some restaurants, about 4-6 blocks to Kensington Palace and Hyde Park. Very nice breakfast room - bedroom was the usual European twin-bed, small but full bath/shower, and had a hot-pot for tea/coffee. Nothing fancy but nice enough. The Nikko was more hotel than I needed (part of a tour) - luxury style lobby, large breakfast/dining, and one of biggest bedrooms I have been in. Rack rate runs around $220-250 to give you an idea. I liked the Frantour Suffren better - large breakfast buffet/room, nice bar/lounge area, room description similiar to Copthorne (no in-room coffee/tea though) - comfortable enough. It is better positioned, about 2 blocks off the Seine, about 4-6 blocks from Champ du Mars (Eiffel Tower), and lovely patisseries/ small grocers nearby. About 2 blocks from Bir Hakeim metro stop. Can't speak on the other hotels.