Any great exhibits in Paris now?

Jan 8th, 2006, 03:46 AM
g2g
Original Poster

Any great exhibits in Paris now?

I have a day there this Wednesday, and figure I can fit one museum in. Having been there several times, dont need to do the general stuff. Is there any great exhibit currently on?
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:22 AM

The Willy Ronis photo exhibit at the Hotel de Ville sounds excellent! I found details of it at www.paris-update.com/art/ronis.htm Admission is free and the hours are Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. through February 18.
Jan 8th, 2006, 08:33 AM

Here the list of the three exhibits I visited last month. They are still going on.

Mélancolie, Génie et Folie en Occident (my favorite, it illustrated throught a great varieties of medium and style the history of melancholy throught the centuries) it is a Le Grand Palais.

Klimt, Schiele, Moser, Kokoschka in Vienna 1900. The birth of expressiomisn, also in Le Grand Palais.

L'Homme Paré at the Musé des Arts Décoratifs. Very interesting and funny exhibitf about men's costume and clothes from Louis XIV to today.

If you buy the Pariscope upon your arrival I am certain you will find others. Bon voyage.
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:03 AM

You can also check www.whatsonwhen.com - plug in Paris and the type of exhibits you're interested in and it will give you a comprehensive listing.
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM
g2g
Original Poster

Is the grand palais the one that was just renovated?
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Petit Palais is the one just renovated. There's a blurb in the Economist on this. (Check the Cities Guide.)

The Melancolie exhibition will close on Jan. 16 (I think) and the one on the Austrians closes a week later. I just reserved my tickets for both a few days ago.

Check rmn.fr for details.

Thanks for the reminder on the Ronis exhibition. NYT reviewed it a few months ago.