Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any experience with "Autoeurope" and a Renault Megane 4 door auto?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They told me this car's trunk has enought room for 2 large suitcases. Does anyone know anything about these cars? Is this true?
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:07 PM

I've rented a Megane through Auto Europe and found the trunk more than spacious enough for the two of us. However, our suitcases consisted of two 21&quot; rollaboards and two totebags. How large is &quot;large&quot; re your luggage? If they're truly enormous, you may want to rethink things and pack lighter, for many reasons.<BR><BR>If you measure your suitcases, Auto Europe should be able to tell you specifically if they will fit. And/or if their website does not give specific trunk dimensions, a Google search should be able to turn up a Renault site that has them.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:10 PM

We've rented 4-door M&eacute;ganes from AutoEurope on several occasions. The trunk is plenty big enough to hold our family of four's luggage, which usually consists of two 21&quot; roll-ons, and one 26&quot; roll-on, a laptop and case, and a couple of knapsacks. Should be more than adequate for two large suitcases, unless you're talking about those steamer-trunk-sized things.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 02:23 PM

I rented a Renault Megane 4 door (diesel, A/C) through Autoeurope last July for my trip to France. I thought the trunk was unusually large for that size car, but I was alone and only had two small pieces of luggage. Still, if your two bags are no more than 26&quot; or so I think they should fit fine.<BR><BR>I really liked my Megane. It was large enough to ride comfortably but small enough to park easily. It also got great mileage. I only had two small complaints - I didn't know about the &quot;anti-demarrage&quot; light that comes on when you park it and that caused me some concern until I read the manual and found out what it was. The other problem was that the A/C was not very effective when the temp went above 90 or so. That would be pretty rare, I think. I was in the south of France in August.<BR><BR>Lesli has a good suggestion about asking for specifics on trunk size. But most sites will quote them as X cu. ft.which, for me at least, is a bit hard to translate into &quot;yes, this is large enough.&quot; I really don't think you will have a problem.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 03:06 PM

No experience with Autoeurope...I've always found better prices elsewhere..but have rented a Megane..and there was plenty of room for our 2 largish and 2 small bags.