Any comments on Villa San Michele?

Mar 28th, 2000, 10:15 PM
Joelle

Any comments on Villa San Michele?

Who could please give me comments/reviews of Villa San Michele in Fiesole? Is it definitely worth the splurge???

Mar 29th, 2000, 01:50 PM
mike sullivan

I consider the view looking down from the Hotel one of the best on the island. Read Axel Munthes book on San Michele and life on Capri in the 1800s before you go. It's worth at least one night, but there are lots of other nice less expensive places in Ana Capri if you find it too expensive...Good luck

Mar 30th, 2000, 04:21 AM
martha python

Mike, I believe she's talking about another Villa San Michele, the one outside Florence. It's way out of my budget, but I think someone has posted here about the fact that it does live up to the hype (does that mean it's not hype).
Alas, the search function isn't working, so finding the post will have to wait.
Joelle, I'm jealous.

Mar 30th, 2000, 06:12 AM
Marija

The view of Florence from the Villa San Michele in Fiesole is also memorable. The hotel has lovely grounds, the new garden view rooms are large and spacious and the food is excellent. It's fun eating on the terrace looking out over Florence. But only you can decide whether it's definitely worth the splurge ...

Mar 30th, 2000, 10:25 PM
Joelle

Thanks for the answers.
Martha, please don't be jealous! It will be our fifth wedding anniversary this summer, so I am looking for the right place. A friend of mine went last year with her boyfriend and loved the place...

Mar 31st, 2000, 05:34 AM
Carol

Chere Joelle,

I also recommend that you do a search on this site--I have a vague memory of some posters who were disappointed with Villa San Michele.