Search

Antibes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 01:43 AM
Paige

Antibes

Hello! In a few weeks my husband is going to Nice on business and I'm going to spend a weekend with him. The hotel is in Antibes and we'll have a car. I'll be there Friday afternoon until late Sunday. What should we do, where should we go, where should we eat, etc? I'm sure we can easily fill the weekend but I thought some of you might have some good advice. Thanks!

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 01:45 AM
Paige

Wrong e-mail address posted above!

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 11:37 AM
Carol

Hi Paige, <BR> <BR>Definitely stay in Antibes on Saturday morning--there's a really wonderful outdoor flea market all day, and also the weekly food market in the old town.

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 10:59 AM
winifred ibbott

Hi Paige: We were on the riviera in September, staying at a timeshare in Villeneuve Loubet.(just East of Antibes) One of our most enjoyable trips was to St. Paul de Vence and Grasse, inland and not far. Vence was another village in the vicinity which we thoroughly enjoyed. have a good trip!

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 11:28 AM
Christina

The main special point of interest in Antibes is probably the Picasso museum, which you shouldn't miss if you like contemporary art at all. Other than that, there is also an archeological museum if you like that kind of stuff, and you can just spend time walking around the fort/ramparts area above the port and exploring tne small streets and shops. That's all in Antibes, other than there, I've only been to Nice and Grasse in that area; I've also heard Vence is nice. Grasse was okay but nothing that great IMO unless you are really into perfume making, then you might enjoy the perfume factory tours and the perfume museum. It would be a fine place to visit if you run out of things to do, though. I would probably go to Monaco or Cannes instead just for fun as I've heard so much about them, and I think they would be a more different experience.