Antalya/Izmir Plan

Search

Antalya/Izmir Plan

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antalya/Izmir Plan

Hi all - planning a six day trip to Antalya then Izmir (Alcati and Cunda). Could anyone give me some suggestions on restaurants? Authentic/local foods. I'm also a photographer so any areas that are not so touristy and worth capturing photos would be great.

Another question, is the easiest way to get from Izmir to Alcati through train? Or should I be considering a local car? Any suggestions really would be helpful!
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 08:10 PM
kja

My trip was too long ago to justify naming specific restaurants, but even so, you might find some useful information in it, as I did visit both Antalya and Izmir:
Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey

For you transportation options, consult rome2rio.com -- just be sure to click through to source web-pages, as the main site is not sensitive to seasonal variation.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 03:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Izmir to Alacati, the only possibility is bus (or rental car). Lots of dolmush minibus, between Cesme, Alacati, Ilica and environs, but rental car will save you time and can lead you to places like Sivrihisar and Teos for photographic adventures.

Unfortunately most restaurants in touristic areas like Alacati have very short half lives..Those which survive may have changed for the worse as well. So go by your nose. Check for popular ones with your type of people.

Most fish restaurants at Dalyan and Alacati port are over-priced, so check for prices and the size of their meze plates.

If you rent, consider Sardis from Izmir, for photography:

my wife's slide presentation :

Old Sep 27th, 2018, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by kja
My trip was too long ago to justify naming specific restaurants, but even so, you might find some useful information in it, as I did visit both Antalya and Izmir:
Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey

For you transportation options, consult rome2rio.com -- just be sure to click through to source web-pages, as the main site is not sensitive to seasonal variation.

Enjoy!
Thanks!
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all! Helpful information