Another logistical question re: Covid test upon arrival at LHR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2021, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may seem obvious, but when arriving in T3 and going to T2 for the Covid test at Expresstest, I am assuming that the test collection site is in T2 outside of security check in, etc? In other words, I pick up luggage in T3 (arriving on Delta), then go over to T2 for the test and I don't have to go through security etc. to get to the Expresstest site, is that right? Sorry, this seems like it would be obvious, but just want to make sure I get it right.
Old Sep 4th, 2021, 12:30 PM

Yes the Expresstest location at T2 is at the lower levels of arrivals or in the departures level. Which one did you book? Both are landside.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Balthy, thank you for your response. When I booked at Express test, there is a third testing site now listed as "Heathrow T3 Forecourt." So that is where I booked our tests. When I booked it I assumed the term "T3 Forecourt" means T3 outside the security area (perhaps close to Departures area). Do you know whether I am correct? I have studied the Heathrow maps for T3 and there is nothing labelled "Forecourt."

Sorry for this late response, Balthy, I didn't see your post until today (Sept 9).
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 10:58 AM

My understanding of the forecourt at T3 is the front of the terminal where you get dropped off if you are getting a lift/taxi to the airport. So it is departures level.

I'm going to T3 in a couple of days so I will look out for it. They've probably set up something new outside the terminal.

Old Sep 10th, 2021, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Balthy! Your local knowledge about the required testing is very helpful! I will check back to see what you find out.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 08:31 PM

It’s at the front of T3 by zone D. Sorry about the blurry image. It only says Testing Centre.
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again, this is extremely helpful.
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 12:57 PM

Susan, I am flying in with my family on December 19th and was going to set up a test at T3 where you scheduled your test. My question is, how did you determine what time to schedule your appointment? We land at 9am and have to go through customs. Thx!
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

mrestaurants, basically I just used my best estimate of what time we would be available after landing. I believe I estimated about 60 minutes after landing. We were through customs a bit earlier than that; the testing site is accommodating if you are not at the exact time you have booked your appointment for. In other words, we had an appointment, we showed our QR confirmation code upon entering the test site, the code was scanned, and we were taken in for the test. It was really much easier than I anticipated. Have a good trip!
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 12:38 PM

Thank you! That is very helpful
Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 01:17 PM

Susan, we’re you able to get through entry with an electronic passport? I see that ours (US) is one of those, but don’t recall just putting it on a scanner the last time we went to London. Do you mind relating the process you went through upon arrival? Thank you.