Another Dordogne Restaurant Question

Jun 17th, 2006, 02:39 PM
annieladd

Another Dordogne Restaurant Question

Stu, Ira, St. Cirq, Robjame, Underhill, and others, greetings.

I'm trying to narrow down all the restaurants to visit in the Dordogne, and it's so difficult!

At any rate, one issue will be access. My 84 year old papa, has some trouble walking for very long. He can use a cane, or a little walker that he has. Are there any restaurants you've recommended that would be an automatic out (long, long walk from parking, or difficult terrain, or many stairs).

For instance, La Meynardie near Salignac Eyzigues, would that be difficult to get the the dining room? or, Le Relais des Cinq Chateaux Vezac, or Le Table de Terroir? Those are just a couple that I noticed... Or are there any ones that you would think, no that would be just way too far or difficult?

Probably kind of a peculiar question, and I'm sure some are thinking why is she taking an ailing 84 year old, but he's been to France every year since 1976, and he's not going to stop now.

Thanks, annieladd

Jun 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM

In Brantôme, the dining room of Le Moulin du Roc was, if I remember correctly, down just a few steps from the reception area.
Jun 17th, 2006, 02:58 PM
annieladd

We're staying at Moulin du Roc for a few days before Sarlat. A few stairs shouldn't be any trouble. Thanks, annieladd

Jun 17th, 2006, 03:15 PM

annieladd - I think it is a good question and great that you are thinking of what is easy for him. Some of the lovely villages are built right into the rock face of the mountain and there is little place to park on the street.
Le Relais des Cinq Chateaux has a dedicated parking lot right beside the hotel and is a straight, level trip into the restaurant. As I recall anything in Beynac may be a little more difficult with narrow sidewalks and parking across the main thoroughfare. If you decide on L'Esplanade, I am sure you could drive to the hotel entrance, drop him off and then park the car.
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM

IIRC the entrance to La Meynardie is
off a white gravelled parking lot with
no incline and the interior is one level.
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:23 PM

The Moulin de la Beune in Les Eyzies is very difficult to access. The ones you've mentioned require no steps or rough terrain.
Jun 18th, 2006, 10:34 AM
ira

Hi annie,

Neither La Meynardie nor Le Relais des Cinq Chateaux will pose any problems.

IIRC, both Le Plume d'Oie and La Belle Etoile in La Roque Gageac are a few steps above the street.

Search this Thread