ANNE FRANK HOUSE

Search

ANNE FRANK HOUSE

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANNE FRANK HOUSE

I hear there are long lines to get into the anne frank house. Can anybody recommend the best day (weekdays?) or the best times (1st thing in the morning?) to go to avoid some of the lines.

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:58 PM

Hi- Was in Amsterdam this time last year and we went to the Anne Frank house on a weekday at about 6pm - there were very few people then. It stays light til nearly 9pm so things are open late. There is a tram stop right near the museum. Buy your strip tickets at any tobacco shop and be sure to validate it when you get on the tram. (I assume you are going sometime soon.) I know Amsterdam very well - it's my favorite European city for many reasons.
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:19 PM

I had missed it on two previous trips because the lines were so long. Last summer we arrived on a Sunday at 8:30 (it opens at 9). For a while we thought maybe we had made a mistake and it is closed on Sundays because we were the only people there. No one else arrived until 8:45, so we were still the first in line when it opened. There were mobs when we came out an hour or so later. So my suggestion is to get there before it opens. And maybe it was just a fluke, but Sunday sure worked for us.
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:09 PM

I was there last October and could only get to go on a Saturday afternoon. The queue was very big but it moved fast enough. Inside was really busy and it was pretty difficult to get to see and read everything. It was worth the visit but when I return to Amsterdam I'll go again but preferably early on a weekday.
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:08 AM

I was there the middle of last September and walked right in at 4:30 PM on a Thursday.
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:33 AM

We went a few years back in March, I think on a friday or saturday. We went first thing in the morning (got there a little bit before it opened)., later that morning, there was a long line.
Old May 14th, 2003, 05:19 PM

Just there a few weeks ago. Best time-no doubt-no lines is 5:30pm-6pm.

It is quite an experience. Make sure you spend some time at the end of the tour on the interactive computers. You can search by timeline or by person, and it is very well done.

Also-walk around by the church to see the statue of Anne frank.
Old May 14th, 2003, 06:48 PM

I went early in the morning. By the time I left, the lines were very long.

They do not allow pictures to be taken inside.
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:11 PM

I went a few years ago. We went pretty early and waited about 20 minutes or so - not big deal but ti was pouring rain - and there was no where to wait inside!!. Don't miss it though - it was very good, it was worth the wait in the rain.