Anne Frank House

Apr 28th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

Anne Frank House

I need to make reservations for the Anne Frank House soon. One question I had: should I expect my US-issued CC to be accepted on the Web site? Also, for those who have visited: how much time to allow for queuing and visiting (assuming we have the advance reservations)?

Thanks in advance.
Apr 28th, 2019, 07:09 AM

They will accept your credit card. You will have a timed entry ticket giving you a small window of time to enter the museum. You may have a short queue for that timeslot. Make sure you don't miss your slot. Once in you can stay as long as you want.
Apr 28th, 2019, 10:14 AM

Yes, no problem using your CC. As heti said, you don't want to miss your time slot. I was there yesterday. I got there early and waited for my time slot to be posted over the door. There's a line outside to go in, and then a line to actually enter the museum (to scan your ticket to get in). You can pick up the free audio guides while you wait in line. Large backpacks, etc. will have to be stored. Other backpacks have to be worn in front of the body. But once you are in, you can move through at your own pace. It was incredibly moving to be there.

I'm not sure what will happen if you miss your time slot, but there's at least a chance you will be denied entry completely.
Apr 28th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks loads, for the additional tips as well!
May 10th, 2019, 06:09 AM

I know that tickets are released exactly 2 months before.
What time of the day are tickets released?
ie. Do I log in at midnight or 9 AM Amsterdam time to get best opportunity for my time slot?
May 10th, 2019, 06:29 AM

Tickets are released at 9am Amsterdam time.
May 15th, 2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by hetismij2 View Post
Tickets are released at 9am Amsterdam time.
Got my tickets booked!

What I discovered is that the SAME DAY tickets get released at 9 AM. (You log in right at 9:00 with hopes of getting a ticket for later that day)
If you want to book your visit in advance, those tickets get released at exactly NOON Amsterdam time.
If you want to book the museum visit + the1/2 hour introductory program, you'll need to set your alarm and log in right when it opens.
The morning time slots were filled within 10 minutes & the entire day was sold out in less than an hour.
The tickets for museum-entry only seem to stay available for a few weeks (but morning entry tickets sell out MUCH faster)