Andalucia - where should we go?

Mar 8th, 1999, 10:43 AM
Len White

Andalucia - where should we go?

My wife and I will be going to Spain mid March. We have 6 days total. The final three days will be spent in Marbella relaxing, but the beginning of the trip is up in the air. I would love to go to Seville and Granada but covering both seems like more traveling than sightseeing. Considering one day in Toledo, one day in Seville and one day in Ronda. Is that too much? What hotels should we consider?

Mar 8th, 1999, 11:12 AM
Ella

You are probably taking on too much. I would spend two days in Seville and one day in Ronda. Check for hotels at fodors.previewtravel.com

Mar 8th, 1999, 12:27 PM
julie

Definitely spend two days in Seville, but I would not miss Granada either.

If you go to Seville you should stay at the Taberna del Alabardero. It also has a wonderful restaurant. My brother stayed there with his wife(who is from Seville) on their honeymoon...

Check it out: http://www.karenbrown.com/spaininns/...labardero.html

Mar 8th, 1999, 01:39 PM
mwg

When you say you have 3 days and propose spending 1 day here, 1 days there, etc., you are not factoring in travel time between places. Once you add this in, I don't think you have the time to do all the things you propose to do. I agree with the previous person who suggested Seville and Granada. You shouldn't try to run around and see eveything. these are 2 fantastic places to visit.

Mar 8th, 1999, 05:11 PM
Andrew

Len:
If you only have a short time, go to Granada and see the Alhambra. I f I was given a trip to Spain but allowed to visit only one place, this would be it.
Andrew

Mar 9th, 1999, 02:25 AM
Maira

Len- Three days relaxing in Marbella in March, is probably not going to include a beach; too early for that. Therefore, I suggest you trade off one day in Marbella for a day sightseeing around Andalucia (worth every second!). Granada is about two hours from Marbella; easy day trip which should include The Alhambra Palace and Gardens, The Cathedral, and souvenir shopping (beautiful hand-painted fans and leather goods). What about upon arrival go to Seville for two days, then head out to Marbella, take one day trip to Granada.

Mar 11th, 1999, 02:10 PM
Len

Thank you all for your suggestions. We are now planning to spend a little more time in Seville and less time traveling.