Reload this Page >

Andalucia - Please suggest itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 09:54 AM
Vivi

Please suggest an itinerary for southern Spain. We will be there for 7-10 days in Sept. (traveling by train) and would appreciate ANY advice on which cities to visit. <BR> <BR>We will be arriving in Malaga airport and only know for certain that we would like to visit Sevilla. From other posts, it seems like Cordoba and Granada would also be great places to visit. We were also hoping to end our trip with a short visit to Barcelona, if possible. Please advise. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Vivi

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 06:00 AM
Maria

Vivi, <BR> <BR>Sevilla is great and deserves 3 days... stay in the Santa Cruz neighborhood and visit La Catedral, The Royal Palace (Reales Alcazares), Casa de Pilatos, Plaza de Espana, Basilica de la Macarena, Parque Maria Luisa, just for starters...Cordoba deserves 1 day...basically the Mezquita and a good bullfight museum (Museo Taurino) are it, Granada at least 2 days for the Alhambra aand the Cathedral and the Albaicin (the old jewish neighborhood), Ronda 1 day, and then try to squeeze in Baeza and Ubeda (en route from Granada to Cordoba) and a day for the pueblos blancos between Sevilla and Granada. A rental car to cover towns between Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba would be convenient and nice but you want to leave it parked once you hit the bigger towns. I'm sure there are RR connections, too. Good luck! Write me directly if you want more details, I have lots of hotel/restaurant suggestions, etcc...Maria

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 06:03 AM
Maria

Vivi, <BR> <BR>I forgot...skip Barcelona! It would crowd what looks to be a great paced trip into too much of a whirlwind and it is too geographically distant to do in a reasonable fashion!!! Maria

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:34 AM
kristi

We booked a great independent train/hotel package last year in September through Central Holidays (www.centralholidays.com). The trip started in Madrid for 2 days, then to Seville for 2, Cordoba for 1 and Costa del Sol for 3 (we added 2 more days for a total of 12 days). From the Costa del Sol, we went to Granada, Ronda, Gibraltar and Tangier. Granada and Ronda were wonderful places to visit, Gibraltar was fun but I wouldn't bother with Tangier. <BR> <BR>Barcelona is a wonderful city but I would save it for another trip and enjoy southern Spain instead of rushing through cities.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 09:45 AM
Vivi

Thank you both for your suggestions. Based on your input, we have decided to save Barcelona for another time. <BR> <BR>Maria, I took you up on your offer of emailing you directly but got a bounce-back. Is this your correct email address: [email protected] <BR> <BR>Thanks again!

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:45 PM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 03:22 AM
topper

!