Amsterdam to Budapest via River Cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I have traveled throughout England, France, Italy and we always travel from place to place via train or rental car. We love the freedom and independence, but the daily driving or train rides can be exhausting. This year, we decided to try a different type of holiday/vacation. So we booked a (very expensive) two week Viking River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest...called the Grand European Tour. I typically keep a daily blog for our own keepsake, to share with family and for fellow travelers. This year, the wifi and internet was essentially non-existent on the ship, so I was unable to update the blog day to day. But with copious photos and notes, I am posting about each day on our 2 week journey. I am still catching up, but if you intend to take a river cruise....are planning to visit Amsterdam, Cologne, towns along the Rhine in Germany and Austria or Budapest....my blog may be helpful in making an itinerary. There are also past posts about our time in France, Italy, etc. Happy Travels. Here is a link to the blog: jonestravelblog.com
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 07:26 AM

Ah, will check out your new posts. I have enjoyed reading your 2017 blog to France.

We visited the middle Rhine region by ourselves in 2017, so it will be interesting to read what you did versus what we did on places that overlapped.

Last edited by Reading54; Aug 9th, 2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Slw

Lovely photos and a great read. Thanks for taking the time to write it all up and posting the link. We are doing a similar river cruise in September so this is a nice preview.
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 05:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We have done a few river cruises and look at them as a moving hotel and, like you, found the dinner
tables difficult at times. Glad to learn there are tables for two available. We also like to explore on our own where possible. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.