Reload this Page >

Amsterdam to Brugges?

Search

Amsterdam to Brugges?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 12:22 PM
Charlee

Amsterdam to Brugges?

Does anyone know of direct train route between the two? Any suggestions? Thanks. <BR>

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 12:55 PM
Paulo

I guess you'll have to change either in Brussels or Antwerp. Trip should take about 3 1/2 hours. <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 10:48 PM
Myriam

Paulo is right: 3 h 28 min. from Amsterdam CS to Brugge with 1 change in Antwerpen Centraal. <BR>If you want to look at the timetable, check www.ns.nl/reisplan2a.asp (Dutch railways) or www.nmbs.be (Belgian railways) - both in English.

Old Sep 15th, 1999, 09:52 AM
Charlee

Thanks for the info. Now the bigger question: on a four day trip to Amsterdam, should I make the excursion to Brugges? I've read so many glowing reviews about it on this site. Thanks again for the advice. <BR>

Old Sep 15th, 1999, 01:21 PM
Paulo

Well, Charlee ... We once drove from Aachen to Brugge and then back to Brussels to deliver the car and pick our night flight home. This fitted in nicely (a first time for one of my daughters), about a total of 4 hours driving for 7 hours in Brugge. I would for sure spend the night in Brugge, but I guess that, if the weather isn't very poor, it's perfectly feasible to "pay" 7 hours on a train for the bonus of 7 hours there ... you'll have to get up very early and return late at night, though. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Sep 15th, 1999, 10:42 PM
Myriam

OK, I agree, Brugge is a great city. But everybody seems to forget Antwerpen which, in this case, would be much more convenient. Antwerpen is a very lively city with - as in Brugge - a medieval part with narrow streets, lots of beautiful architecture, very good restaurants, special beer cafés, shopping, etc. <BR>Since last year even the cruiseships moor in Antwerpen. The cruise terminal being in the city centre, cruisers had soon realized that they didn't have to take the bus to go to Brugge, Brussel or Gent to see something from Belgium! <BR>If you want more info, email me.

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 03:33 AM
Paulo

Totally agreed ... Last time in Brugge, where we spent a night, we visited Antwerpen on our way to the airport in Brussels to deliver the rental car and take off. We "discovered" the city and thought that the 5 hours we spent there were way insuficient. Next time in the area we'll certainly make a repeat. <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 06:49 AM
charlee

Moving this one to the top -- any other thoughts? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help! <BR>