Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Resturant Recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 04:52 PM
mike

My wife and I are traveling to Amsterdam in May. We would appreciate any reccomendations for resturants in the downtown center.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:38 PM
Ellen

De Roode Leuw on Damrack by the Square. Very good cuisine. <BR> <BR>T' Seepard by Leidesplein. <BR> <BR>Any Indonesian restaurant for a Ristafel (many small servings of indonesian food served with rice). <BR> <BR>The floating Chinese restaurant looks nice inside and exciting but overpriced and very disappointing food. <BR>Ellen

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 04:33 PM
mcfelf

Other than eating at the hotel where you are staying, why not try the restaurants that the natives are eating at. My daughter and I have had wonderful luck doing this is in Stwitzerland as well as in the Netherlands. <BR>Another suggestion take the tours and then travel on your own back to the places that really interest you. The trains run to the second out of Amsterdam. <BR>Good Luck!

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 09:33 PM
Sjoerd

Thai: Me Naam Naan (Koningsstraat 29, close to Nieuwmarkt) <BR>Chinese: New King, Zeedijk <BR>Spanish: El Nino (corner of Reguliersdwarsstraat and Geelvincksteeg) <BR>Indonesian: Flamboyant, Amstel 111 <BR>Dutch/international: De Kroon, Rembrandtplein <BR>Japanese: Yamazato (Okura Hotel), the best Japanese restaurant in Amsterdam, ALL Japanese businessmen eat here! (expensive) <BR>French: La rive (Amstel Hotel): very good and very expensive (but with the current exchange rate of the US$ everything is cheap for US tourists I guess. <BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 11:04 PM
joelle

Here are some addresses we tried : <BR>- Sichuan food (Reguliersdwaarsstraat): very good chinese restaurant (top end however) <BR>- Haesje Claes (Spuistraat) : "typical" Dutch atmosphere. A bit touristy but food is OK and service is good. <BR>- Raden Mas (Stadhouderskade): excellent Indonesian restaurant, a bit classy but really good. <BR>- De Oesterbar (Leidseplein): a very good choice for seafood. <BR>What is nice in Amsterdam is the choice available for very different styles of cooking.