Search

Amsterdam property question.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam property question.

Hi - could use some help.

This is not really a travel question, but since this forum really does offer so many answers about so many place I thought I'd give it a shot.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to search and find out if someone owns property in Amsterdam? Here in US, you can go look up a name and see if they own property. Is there something similar there, and if so, any idea how I find out the details?

Wish I had this question when I was there last summer havin' a great time (thanks to all the leads from this board).

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:22 AM

You can find out online the information the Dutch Land Registry (Kadaster) has on a particular property, including who owns it, at http://www.kadaster.nl/. But you'd need to understand Dutch.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

PatrickLondon - thanks so much! Since I don't read Dutch and I can't check it out (will have to work on finding someone who does) I am wondering is there a way to put in someone's name and see if they own property or do you just look up the property? You see, I have the name of the individual only.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM

You know the individual's name but you don't know the indivdiual well enough to ask them if they own property?

One wonders about the purpose of your inquiry.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

I have their name, but no phone number or idea where they live now. I am trying to track down an old school friend (from many, many years ago)who I understand lives in the Netherlands - Amsterdam I think. I thought if I had an address I could mail a letter - if they chooses to respond that would be great, if not I have not been too intrusive.