Amsterdam Hotels

Old Aug 8th, 1997, 09:07 AM
david

Amsterdam Hotels

my wife and i will be in amsterdam for the nights of october 15 & 16. we would like to have recommedations for hotel %3D

Old Aug 12th, 1997, 01:18 PM
Regina Rivera

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Krasnapolsky last November. It was centrally located near palace, shopping and red light district. It is an older hotel with amenities and restaurants inside. The main restaurant, the Winter Garden, has breakfast buffets and other meals in an atrium type setting.

Old Aug 12th, 1997, 01:19 PM
R. Rivera

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Krasnapolsky last November. It was centrally located near palace, shopping and red light district. It is an older hotel with amenities and restaurants inside. The main restaurant, the Winter Garden, has breakfast buffets and other meals in an atrium type setting.

Old Aug 16th, 1997, 01:53 PM
Tricia

Hi, Just returned from Amsterdam and we found our hotel on the Internet and it turned out to be wonderful. It was the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, City Center and if you book through 1-800 Holiday for Less you save quite a bit. We paid $129 a night. Instead of eating there a Dutch friend told us to go around the corner and get breakfast. Also 2 blocks away were gorgeous bakeries, fruit markets etc. The hotel had a spa, and pool and washers and dryers, which I found out are very hard to find. Also met a couple from Tennessee that stayed at the Golden Tulip and they liked that very much. They are a chain, found all over Holland. Stayed in Holland almost 2 weeks, if you have any other questions. The Holiday Inn is 1 block from train station so if you arrive at Schiphol, go downstairs, take train, 5 minute ride to station, go out front entrance (we went out back and ended up in an alley) and you can walk to hotel. On the other side of it is the canal cruise. The staff is all Dutch and there is a beautiful shop in the hotel with real Delftware and across the street was a wooden shoe shop!!

Old Aug 17th, 1997, 06:12 PM
Gary Nagler

Don't know what Regina thought, but we also stayed at the Krasnapolsky, a few years ago. Can't get more central - it's on Dam Square, but we thought it was a dump. Seedy, old rooms, not updated, wouldn't stay there again for free. Don't get me wrong, I've stayed in lots of old hotels in Europe that are quaint, charming, full of style, etc., but the Krasnapolsky is not one of them.