Search

Amsterdam Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 05:43 AM
Jenny

Amsterdam Hotel

Hi. I'll be in Amsterdam the last week of August and I'm hoping I can get some general information from others who've been there at that time of year. What's the weather like? Would it be unwise to carry a backpack while sightseeing for security reasons? And lastly, has any one here heard of, or stayed in, The Owl Hotel? It's been recommended to me, but I can't find any information about it. <BR>Any traveling tips/advice would be most appreciated. This will be my firt time traveling outside of the U.S., so I'm quite nervous (and excited!).

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 06:37 AM
Asif

Jenny, <BR>I have not been there yet, but will be there on the second week of Sept. I have, however, come across the website for the owl hotel. You can find it at http://www.owl-hotel.demon.nl <BR>-Asif

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 10:34 AM
JennyLeigh

Asif, thank you so much for that web address! That will be most helpful for me. You are very kind. <BR

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 12:55 PM
Meg

Amsterdam is a great choice for your first European trip. We were there last year and found everything relatively inexpensive (especially compared to London and Paris) and everyone speaks English. I wouldn't exactly call the Dutch people friendly, but they are helpful. They are very reserved and usually don't approach you, but will always answer a question. Amsterdam is easy to negotiate on foot, the circle tram or the subway (which we found easier to use than the circle tram). You can buy a three day transportation pass at the VVV (there's one at Central Station and one right in front of it, I believe). It's a wonderful city.

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 02:29 PM
RAYMOND PAYTON

CAN YOU PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION HOW A PHYSICSLLY HANDICAP PERSON (wheelchai bound)WOULD ACCESS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN BOTH AMSTERDAM AND THE HAGUE.IF NQT MAYBE YOU CAN REFER ME TO SOMEONE THAT MIGHT BE OF SOME HELP.I PLAN TO BE IN HOLLAND 9JULY98 AND WILL GO TO THE NORTH SEA JAZZ FESTIVAL IN THE HAGUE AND THEN SPEND SOME TIME LOOKING AROUND AMSTERDAM.