Reload this Page >

Amsterdam & Paris in February?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 11:45 PM
Robert

Traveling to Amsterdam and then on to Paris. We only have 8 days so were struggling with where to spend our time. We're also concerned about the weather. Our main goals are the Museums(Van Gogh& Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and of course the Louvre in Paris.) The main purpose is Valentine's romance. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Jan 22nd, 1998, 06:28 PM
Tricia

I don't know...I was in Amsterdam, have relatives in Friesland, Netherlands and wasn't that taken with the big old gal. My brother (the one that lives there) always takes his vacations in Belgium! I had wanted to see Brugge but didn't get a chance. My husband and he both say it is very neat (and closer to Paris) Food for thought! You can go into the EXCITE search engines, type in "travel to Paris" or "travel to Brugge" and neat websites w/lots of info incuding weather. Also there is another guy I have corresponded with who lives in Olso, Norway and his favorite country is France (the Alps region) says people very friendly! He says he has traveled all over and there is a "special" feeling or ambiance, magic in France!

Old Jan 25th, 1998, 07:42 AM
Linda

Dear Robert,
I don't know about the Lourve (it was way too crowded at Christmas break so we passed it) but as far as museums in Paris, I feel that one MUST see Musee D'orsay and the Rodin Museum. It's now a month since we were there and I find myself still marveling at the beautiful artwork and looking forward to visiting those places again some day! Have fun.

Old Jan 25th, 1998, 09:45 AM
Stephen George

Paris is were I would spend the majority of my trip. It is the most romantic city in the world. The food and people are great and its just a wonderful place. The Louvre is alot of fun, so whatever you do dont pass on it. Try to stay in the 1st, 5th or 9th assortment, makes for a more romantic trip.

Old Jan 28th, 1998, 09:21 PM
Kathy Sutherland

We were in Amsterdam in February two years ago.
The weather was pleasant -- in the forties in
the daytime and sunny. The Anne Frank House is
worth seeing and there is a fun coffee house
right next door. By all means do the canal
boat trip. It's a fun city.

Old Jan 28th, 1998, 09:42 PM
Debbra

My husband and I spend every February in Paris.
The crowds are gone, the people are friendly and
the museums are empty. The weather is a bit
chilly, but refreshing. We always walk the city, no matter the weather. A particular favorite is the
Hotel Christine!

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 08:05 AM
Judy

We just got back from Paris and ditto everyone else. It is the most beautiful city I've been to. The French were friendly...the Musee de'Orsay is wonderful.....you can buy an admission just to the gardens of the Rodin Museum for about 5 FRF...it's literally dripping with sculpture.....we didn't go inside....didn't make the Louvre either.

We were in Amsterdam last January...met my husband there when he stopped over after an African safari. People were wonderful...great restaurants..Anne Frank House was very moving...I was rather disappointed in the Van Gogh Museum...the canal boat s were not operating...the canal were pretty dirty. I wouldn't spend too much time there. The American
Hotel is a wonderful hotel in what we thought was the best location in Amsterdam.

Have fun!

P. S. In Paris we stayed at the Hotel Regina..was across from the Louvre and next to the Grayline sightseeing office....great hotel and location! The staff is wonderful...rooms fairly big...we had a corner room with a view of the Effiel Tower!