Reload this Page >

Amsterdam and Brussels--please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 1998, 12:24 PM
Lynn P.

Can anyone give me any information about the Breugel Youth Hostel or the Jacquest Brel (or Bruell) Hostel? Also, can you recommend a nice hotel in Amsterdam for $100 or less per night.

Old Mar 9th, 1998, 05:33 PM
Sharon F.

I can't address your questions re Brussels but have recently been to Amsterdam. I know nothing about the youth hostels there, but have stayed at The Tulip Inn which is an extremely nice hotel and very reasonable. The two of us paid about $115 a nite so I assumer a single room would be under $100??? The hotel is located in the area around the university on Spuuistraat (spelling). The area is very safe, with lots to do and see locally and many students! If you can't find the number, email me and I will pull my stuff and try to find it. It is a part of the Tulip Inn Hotels, which are more expensive. Also, make the reservation directly with the hotel, not the 800 #-they all speak good english. You'll love Amsterdam-we did! Have a great trip!! Sharon

Old Mar 9th, 1998, 09:32 PM
Tricia

We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the train station in central Amsterdam. You can walk to it from the station and the canal tours and Anne Franke house are within walking distance too If you call 1/800 HOLIDAY FOR LESS (if its still operation) that's how I got my room. Holiday Inns are also on line. As for the youth hostel try www.eurotrip.com. It is a europe forum geared more towards budget travel and hosteling and they have web links to hostels, and a rating of the top 20 or so hostels voted on by readers for all of Europe.

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 04:17 PM
Karen zimmerman

Hi. My husband, infant and I will b traveling to Amsterday in mid-April.

Any 'must see' sights in and around Amsterdam ?

Has anyone been to Brussels and what would you recommend in terms of sites, reasonable/safe hotels ?

Thanks,

Karen

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 08:26 PM
ellen

For the Amsterdam, Brussels travelers, check out the IBIS chain. Lower priced but always clean. Rooms smallish, without much charm but clean and acceptable. Can be reserved thru toll free line at 1 800 NOVOTEL.

IBIS in Amsterdam is just near train station whereas in Brussels just off Grand Place. Used this chain extensively throughout France and for the price would do it again.
In Amsterdam I stayed at the DeKoreanar Hotel for about $100 a night and had the extra luxury of mice in my suitcase. I wished I had reserved at the IBIS but it was all full, as was the entire city during April for tulip festival.