I'm visiting Amsterdam with my spouse from Jun 28 till July 01, I would love to read some suggestions about what should I visit in this wonderful city, I'd read some brochures about it and they all say the same 5 things: Museums, canals, coffee shops, smoking pot and Anne Frank's house. (oh! and the Red light district area)
Obviously we're planning to do and visit all those activities and places mentioned above, but my question is, what else is out there, I'm sure it's absolutely foolish to reduce such timeless city in those activities. I would like to know suggestions, opinions and experiences. We're not traveling in a splurge mood yet we aren't in tight budget either; maybe you guys know some tour or trip to the country side, places nearby o inside Amsterdam to explore.
Well, I really hope to read your replies. PS. What would be our best option to go around the canals? I'd read that the canal bus isn't the best way to do it and that they're other smaller and open boats that are operated by freelance rowers.
Well thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Hotel
- 2 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 3 New Years in France
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 7 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 8 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 9 Which Aran Island??
- 10 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 13 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 14 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 15 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 16 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 17 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 18 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 19 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland