,Amsterdam

Going to Amsterdam in fall .
Never been there before.
Hotel Terminus looks centrally located,
decent rate.Has anybody any info on
the hotel or the area.I am just looking
for a decent location ,clean ,modern
place to stay for a few days.Nothing
too charming or cute or full of antiques.
Please help if the spirit moves you.
Yes I checked the text search.
T

Aug 31st, 2002, 04:00 AM
ajs

Go here:

http://channels.nl/

Click on 'reviews with ratings'. Hotel Brouwer seems to be the hands down winner. Heard some dodgy things about the Terminus.

Aug 31st, 2002, 05:24 AM
Sally

Checked out the website with reviews, interesting! I was surprised that Hotel De Filosoof was not mentioned, this is where we always stay when in Amsterdam. Really nice location, central but yet very quiet on the edge of the Vondelpark, in the Anna van den Vondelstraat. Nice large rooms, and some suites or 'apartments' available as well, at reasonable prices (around Euro 100 or less). We like it a lot.
(De Filosoof was recommended to me by my sister, who works in Amsterdam for a big enterprise and often has to book places for foreign guests to stay.)

Sep 4th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Andrew

Consider Priceline.com (or Priceline.co.uk in Britain). I got the 4-star Renaissance Hotel for $76 US per night for two nights in September. I will be in Amsterdam five nights; I was unable to get the Saturday night via Priceline but could get the first two nights of my stay for the same price via Priceline (sometimes they give you counteroffers). I have a reservation at the Maas for the first three nights unless I can win another Priceline bid before I arrive. I'm considering booking the Saturday night myself at full price just to avoid changing hotels.

If you are in the US, don't miss http://www.biddingfortravel.com for info on bidding for Priceline hotels - great info! Priceline has limited support for European cities but Amsterdam seems to be one of the better Priceline cities.

Andrew

Sep 5th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Angela

I am traveling there next week and have been doing a bit of reading- a travel book suggests that if the Hotel does not have "Amsterdam" after the name then its not in Amsterdam. Dont know if this is true- I assume that means its not in the heart of the city? A Goggle search on Amsterdam travel should pull the book up for you- its very informative and lists hotel suggestions - ending in "amsterdam" and those lacking the ladder.

Sep 5th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Thyra

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Filosoof, right next to Vondlepark, and just loved it, a truly great boutique hotel experience. Wonderful owner, thoughtful and interesting decor, well located and a decent price.