Reload this Page >

American cafes in Paris

Search

American cafes in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:13 AM
babycakes

American cafes in Paris

Can anyone tell me of any cafes in Paris <BR>where American ex-pats or tourists gather? <BR>Thanks.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:31 AM
Shanna

I believe there is a website for ex-pats. It may be AARO (americans abroad). I'd have to leave this site to find it and I'm not ready to go yet. I'll get back to you. Also, though, I've read that the Parisian wine bars are very popular among American and British tourists.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 08:15 AM
mark

tuesday nights - The frog & princess <BR>rue princess ,Paris 75006, Metro Mabillon <BR>a lively,safe nice british run bar , full of brits, americans french etc. <BR>check www.frogpubs.com <BR> <BR>Friday & Saturday nights-The Long Hop <BR>rue Frederic Sauton ,Paris 75005 Metro Maubert Mutualité <BR>a very lively bar , DJs on Thurs, fri & Sat International crowd , USA night on Thursays & on Fiday & Sat nights the downstairs cellar club called the Underground opens ( I DJ there on Fri night by the way ) <BR>Free entry , great atmosphere <BR> <BR>The Moosehead - any night but go late , bar usually open till 4 am at weekends <BR>Canadian themed , full of party people & late night drinkers from the other drinking holes <BR>Rue des Quatre vents , Paris 75006, Metro Mabillon <BR> <BR>The Coolin - Sunday nights , Irish bar & crowd with live irish music <BR>great guiness - very close to Princess & <BR>Moosehead <BR>Marché st Germain , Paris 75006, Metro Mabillon <BR> <BR>The Chesterfield - any night , the later the better , opens till 4/5 am <BR>very american , lots of late drinkers <BR>live music & dj at the week ends <BR>Rue de Berri ( just off the Champs Elysees) Paris 75008, Metro Franklin Roosevelt <BR> <BR>This is just a small selection , there are many more bars/ clubs full of ex pats & tourists <BR> <BR>need any info drop me a line <BR> <BR>cheers <BR>mark ( an ex pat londoner ) <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 08:30 AM
Shanna

It appears that Mark has done a great job of providing information. The site I had was for Assn of Americans Residing Overseas. They seemed to be about providing services, getting taxes paid, that sort of thing, although they had a "contact us" that might get you more info and a couple of links to other organizations.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 11:51 AM
Christina

If you walk around the main tourist areas, it will be obvious about the cafes with tourists. Most of them are full of tourists on the quai across from Notre Dame, around St-Michel metro stop, down bd St-Germain to the west, and on Sorbonne square and along Champs-Elysees. There are tons of tourists around the Louvre on rue de Rivoli, I don't recall as many cafes along there. Oh, all the cafes on Ile de la Cite, also, and a lot on Ile St-Louis.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:12 PM
Capo

You might want to check out the "Café Metropole Club", which meets every Thursday at a café in Paris. <BR> <BR>http://www.metropoleparis.com/aclub.html <BR> <BR>If you're interested in meeting Australians, there's a bar called (I believe) "Oz", about two blocks southeast of the intersection of Rue Soufflot and Boulevard St. Michel in the 5th.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:46 PM
coco

There is a monthly magazine, distributed free in some Paris bars/cafes, that sorta covers the scene for English-speaking locals (as opposed to tourists). It's called either Irish Eye or Eyes and would probably be available in one or more of the places mentioned by Mark above. It has good resaurant reviews and some interesting "what's on" coverage.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 01:48 PM
babycakes

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! <BR>We are really looking forward to our trip in May. I appreciate all the help.