American breakfast in Paris?

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 04:02 PM
Marty

American breakfast in Paris?

Not for me! I love those carbo filled breakfasts, but my husband does not. He is a good sport, and never complains, but after a very long travel time getting there , I would really like to offer him what he calls a real breakfast to get him going once we get to Paris on Thanksgiving morning. I did a search, and someone mentioned that the Hollywood Canteen on Rue Montmontre had eggs, bacon, juice, the works for someone craving an American breakfast, but I don't think it is there any more. Can anyone give a suggestion?

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 05:15 PM
sabrina

There's a place just off the Champs-Elysse, (the name of the street is escaping me) called Chesterfield Cafe. Specializes in "American" food and they do serve breakfast. In fact they have a pretty terrific gospel brunch on Sundays. Plenty of "heart attack" food to go around. I saved a card from when I was there and will dig it up with the address for you.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 06:24 PM
marty

Sabrina: Thank you. I found in using Paris Zoom. It is on Rue La Boetie, right? That will be a nice surprise for my husband!

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 09:21 PM
sabrina

Oui, oui Marty, it is indeed Rue La Boetie. It's a cute place. Have fun.

Old Nov 11th, 1999, 06:03 AM
Patty

Hey marty...Iam with your husband! After a few days of sweetrolls etc, I wanted an egg and toast bad. I found that in those fantastic deli's they have soft boiled eggs and slices of ham in aspic. It was wonderful and really inexpensive and hit the spot....Patty