Reload this Page >

Ambassador Hotel

Search

Ambassador Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Patricia

Ambassador Hotel

Does anyone know this hotel in Istanbul? What is it like? Is it possible to get a view of the Blue Mosque from any of the rooms? ( I have heard of the covered terrace, but can you get this same view from rooms?)<BR><BR>Thanks for any help you can offer!<BR>Patricia

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Patricia

Please does anyone know this hotel? Are there views from the rooms of the Blue Mosque?<BR><BR>Thanks again for any help you can provide, <BR>Patricia

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:15 PM
allan

The Blue House Hotel is right at the Blue Mosque. It is a restored Mansion. Free breakfast, minibar and air conditioned! Rates are great. I stayed there for 1 week and I hated to leave! I booked thru www.turkishtourscentral.com.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 02:37 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi, Patricia. <BR>As I recall, Ambassador Hotel is far away from Sultanahmet, where all the main sights reside. Blue House (Mavi Ev) is close to the blue mosque, but on a lower level and with some traffic noice. I would recommend getting to "the top" and stay in the middle between Aya Sofia and the Mosque. Yesil Ev (the Green house) is a nice place, also a renewed ottoman house, but at higher rates than the Mavi Ev. <BR>If you are after really comfort, try Four Seasons. An old prison rebuilt to the most wonderful hotel. If Ambassador is what and where I think, it is a luxury hotel among many others on the Galatsy side. Four Seasons certainly will compete. <BR>Bjorn, Oslo

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:57 AM
Debbie

Patricia-We stayed at the Hotel Spectra wih fabulous views(both from our room and the breakfast room on the top ofthe hotel of the Blue Mosque and area.)It is in the Best Western chain(was an an old ottoman house that is converted) and is right across the street from the Blue Mosque. It is on the corner of the Hippodrome and we walked to all sights from our hotel.They have a free internet cafe on fist floor which was nice to keep in touch with home. The manager and staff were very nice.It was clean, reasonable and listening to the" calls "from your bedroom at night and the morning were an experience.The have a website with pictures on the Best Western Istanbul site if you want to see.(We were happy that they provided free transportation to and from airport if you stay 3 days or longer-nice to be picked up after long flight from USA.)There are quite a few hotels in that area that are nice/reasonable so check out travel books and then cross reference with websites for Istanbul hotels.Have a marvelous time-it was a delightful trip for our whole family! <BR>