Amazing Race-MISSED IT!!

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing Race-MISSED IT!!

What happened, where did they travel to, who got eliminated!?!?!?!? Darn, I can't believe I missed last night's episode. This show is my favorite and I had no power or TV last night since I live in NJ. Does anyone know when they will air this episode again or am I out of luck?
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:48 AM

Gail

It's one of my favorites too. I live on Long Island, so we were without power as well. My son has a little battery operated TV that we huddled around when 8:00 arrived. Not surprisingly, they didn't air AR last night - it was all news updates -- at least in our area. Perhaps it aired on the West Coast. Anyone?????

Kat
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

kat1-We also had a small battery operated tv (and I mean very "small) and was using a magnifying glass to try and see the faces, ha ha, but it was all news. I hope CBS airs this episode again. I'm going to try going into the website to find out some info.......
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:56 AM

They were in Australia. No one was eliminated. It was the last of the "You lucked out" times. Next week is the last show. The two friends finished first, then the gay guys and then the engaged couple.

I know how it feels to miss it. I was in DC once and they pre-empted all shows to watch thunderstorms in across Virginia. I couldn't believe they would cut off all programing for that.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Ann1-Oh good, glad it will still be the remaining 3 for next week. I really wanted to see Australia though..
Thanks so much for the update.....
(really disappointed that the clowns got eliminated last week.... Really wanted them to win....)
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 08:33 AM

There is an extensive discussion of the show, including forums where previous contestants discuss their experience and a videotape exchange board at this website:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com

Hopefully you guys who missed it can find someone who has it on video.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 10:39 AM

You didn't miss much. I stopped watching this reality-challenged show when I discoved that two homosexuals were hyped as being "married".
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 11:16 AM

The contestants select their own "hype"...its THEIR call no one else's..I have a gut feeling that Jon and Kelly are gonna pull this one off.Two strikes and they should be out.They spend more time fighting than following the clues.They were very lax last night.You would think that seeing Reichen and Chip screw up royally last week might have brought them to sobreity.But not to be.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Roterbaron; Wow! In my small NorCal town we have several prominent gay married couples, both male and female.

They had commitment ceremonies presided over by local clergy (as did Reichen and Chip) and their wedding/honeymoon announcements were in the local paper.

What is your problem?!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

KAT1-Good news!!!! They are airing Thursday nights episode this Saturday at 9PM (EST). Looks like they will be knocking off football (yipeeee!!!!).
Thought you'd like to know.. Enjoy!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 02:16 PM

Gualalalisa, that problem is one which is, unfortunately, shared by many other people who simply cannot handle the fact that two people of the same sex love each other and would like to make the same kind of commitment -- with its accompanying rights and responsibilities -- that different-sex couples can make. If the institution of marriage needs "defending" at all, I'd argue it needs much more defending against heterosexuals who abuse each other or abuse their children.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 02:43 PM

Very well said, capo. I agree completely.