Amalfi or Provence

Jul 11th, 2000, 07:52 AM
Stan Tha Man

Amalfi or Provence

Please no smart ass "do a search" replies. I just want to hear a few opinions on Prvence vs. Amalfi Coast...If you had to do only one, which would it be?

Jul 11th, 2000, 02:32 PM
julie

I have never travelled to Amalfi, but I think that Provence is the most wonderful place on earth, and I have travelled a great deal. Weather and scenery are fine, and the people in sourthern France seem very much more friendly that in Paris, for example. We loved the sea views, the seafood, the quaint villages that one can day trip to (out of San Tropez, for example where we stayed on one occasion.)

Jul 11th, 2000, 06:29 PM
gb

And I've never been to Provence, and I think that the Amalfi Coast must be among the 10 most beautiful places on earth. The blue water, blue sky, cool breeze, towns hanging on the cliffs, nice people, and good food. Sounds like a tough decision.

Jul 12th, 2000, 06:47 AM
Ross

Hi Stan!

I've been to both Provence and the Amalfi Coast, and they are BOTH wonderful. They both justify seeing.
It would be hard to choose between the two. I would suggest choosing the culture that you are more interested in, start there, and then plan on the other for sometime in the future. Sorry for not being more helpful. It's a hard question to answer.

Ross.

Jul 12th, 2000, 09:19 AM
Gail

Having just returned from the Amalfi coast where we spent a week, I would first think about the time of year you plan to visit and how you plan to visit (rental car, bus, etc.). We just went through the worst heat wave in centuries breaking many records. If you do decide on the Amalfi coast, feel free to e-mail me with questions as I visited almost every village there just last week.

Jul 12th, 2000, 10:37 AM
anon

Amalfi coast is much more beautiful, much less expensive and much less commercialized than Provence. Easily your best option.