Reload this Page >

Amalfi Coast/May or June 2001/Villas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 09:31 AM
Laura Schoenlein

Hello everyone......what a kick..... <BR>My girlfriend and I are going to the Amalfi Coast next year, looking at May or June, and are looking into renting a Villa for 2 weeks or so. Would love to stay in the Amalfi area, making this our home base, to travel up and down the coast and elsewhere. So, we are looking at (1) where to fly into (2) how to rent a car (3) how/where to rent a villa..

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 12:44 PM
NC

Laura, <BR>Fly to Naples and rent a car there. I'm not sure of any villas to rent.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 12:24 PM
Amanda

Hi Laura: I found villas at barclayweb.com in that area. They are fewer choices than you'd find in Tuscany. Good Luck . . .

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 01:38 PM
nancy

check out www.theparkercompany.com <BR>I love the big book that they send out for free. <BR>So you can use their site, or get the phone # and call them for a book. <BR>Goodluck and enjoy! <BR>nancy

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 01:56 PM
Carey

I rented an estate for 23 people from <BR>Ville in Italia. there website is: <BR>http://www.omnia.addr.com/ <BR> <BR>They have villas, apartments, etc. all over Italy, and had the best prices I saw. (I researched this for about a year for our wedding in Ravello!) <BR> <BR>Someone mentioned the Barclay group....I compared there prices to Ville in Italia, and they had some of the same properties. Ville was quite less expensive, and our experience was very professional, and extremely enjoyable. feel free to email me with other questions, I am very familiar with the area, and who to rent cars from, what size of car (it really matters in this part of Italy)...hope to hear from you. <BR> <BR>Carey

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 04:51 PM
Miane

Ideally, fly to Naples, or Rome and connect - check airlines/schedules on the various webs such as www.expedia.com. Great site for villa rentals in Italy: www.rentvillas.com.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 04:52 PM
Miane

Oooops, I forgot: you can arrange car rental from the US at www.autoeurope.com, reputable, good fares.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 05:46 PM
nancy

Hi Laura, There is a web site called: <BR>initaly.com....They have lists of places to rent.It is a great web site for Italian travel in general. <BR> We are leaving this week for that area...flying into Naples.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 05:26 PM
Kimerley

Carey, thanks for suggesting the sitewww.omnia.addr.com <BR>I have just booked the most beautiful villa (apartment) for myself and 2 friends in Perugia for July 2001. <BR>Villa Aureli, can't wait. It was our one big splurge. They have beautiful vila's on the Amalfi coast. They were extremely helpful and professional. I had more help from them than I did trying to book villa's from Australian based companies.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:42 AM
Carey

Kimerly, <BR> <BR>Let me know when you get back how your stay was. I may be interested in rented another place from them in the future. I hope it all works out. <BR> <BR>Best of Luck! Carey