AMALFI: About hotels.

Jul 23rd, 2000, 03:28 AM
Paulo

AMALFI: About hotels.

Hi people, I'll be in Amalfi next late September. I know there are few hotels downtown where I plan to stay. As a rule, I prefer to choose a hotel (3 stars) when arriving. Is it possible in this case? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jul 26th, 2000, 05:17 PM
Lin

I would stay further up the Amalfi Coast a few miles at Positano. It is incredbly lovely village perhced on a cliff.We stayed at the Hotel Murat---about 50 steps from the road down to the lobby and another 100 steps on to the beach. Views from bath, sitting room, etc of the Mediterranean. Ciao

Jul 27th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Ross

Hi Paulo!

I stayed at the Hotel Amalfi two years ago. It is a three-star hotel. Enjoyed it very much. E-Mail me if you would like further information on it.

Ross.

Jul 28th, 2000, 06:22 AM
Hal

We are staying at the Santa Caterina in early September. It was highly recommended and has its own access to the Mediterranean. This hotel is supposed to be ***** or ****. Reservations for September at this late date are going to be problematic. Good luck.

Hal

Jul 28th, 2000, 07:32 AM
rob

Hi Paulo -

You will love Amalfi - more historic and genuine than Positano. Try to stay at the Cappuccini Convento - charming, full of antiques, great staff, and the most amazing views. Don't be put off by the half board requirement - the restaurant is very good, and you can dine on the magnificent terrace.

Reserve immediately. When I was there last September, late September, the hotel was full.

Jul 28th, 2000, 10:20 AM
Paulo

Hello Lin, Ross, Hal and Rob, thanks for yours suggestions.

Search this Thread