Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Although this is my itinerary I am willing to change it if you have better ideas.

Search

Although this is my itinerary I am willing to change it if you have better ideas.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:13 PM
ed

My wife and I are going to Europe for a sort off second honeymoon. We will be there for New year and the week following it. This is the itinerary so far but we are flexible.<BR><BR><BR>day 1 sorrento<BR>day 2 sorrento<BR>day 3 sorrento<BR>day 4 naples<BR>day 5 naples (it will be New year?<BR>day 6 Rome<BR>day 7 Rome<BR>day 8 Rome<BR>day 9 Rome (but will take a day trip to florence)<BR>day 10 Venice<BR>day 11 Venice<BR>day 12 Venice <BR>day 13 fly to london<BR>day 14 london<BR>day 15 london<BR>day 16 fly out of london<BR><BR><BR><BR>As for the hotel- 1-Excelsior vittoria in sorrento. 2- naples- grand gotel santa lucia. 3- Rome- Grand st regis. 4- Venice- Londra palace 5- London- Sheraton Belgravia.<BR><BR>HAs anyone tried these hotels?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:19 PM
Rex

There are numerous reports here, glowing and mediocre about the St. Regis in Rome. Glowing about how beautiful they have dolled it up. Mediocre location according to some (including myself). I have had dinner there only, never actually spent a night there. A recent thtread compared the location of two other top notch properties: Minerve and de Russie. There was no single consensus. I think that the location of Minerve is best.<BR><BR>And other five star hotels exist in Roe as well.<BR><BR>The itinerary has no obvious &quot;errors&quot;, although it's rather more urban than I would choose personally. Missing the countryside and smaller towns of Europe is missing half of europe, in my opinion. but it's a matter of personal taste.<BR><BR>Some of this depends on whether you have been to Italy (Europe) before or not. And of course, how well you know what YOU like.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:12 PM
x

Since u are going on to Venice, spend a night in Florence as opposed to a day trip. Will also break up your journey to Venice. It's 2 hours from Rome to Florence, and about 3 from there to Venice on the Eurostar. I spent a whoel day in Sorrento relaxing, and there's not that much to &quot;do&quot; except for relax. There's Capri, and of course the AMalfi coast to the south, and Pompeii about 30 minutes on the Circumvesuviana train. I would skip over Naples and spend the time in Rome or Tuscany (Siena or San Gimignano), or add days to London... sooo much to do there.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:13 AM
ttt

up<BR>

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:49 AM
Any

Any more opinions on the itinerary or the other hotels?<BR>