Reload this Page >

Alsace region vs Rhineland or Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Marie

We have just 9 days in Europe late June.I'm going back to Weisbaden for a high school reunion. Want help deciding what to do with the rest of the time (5 days). Flying out of Frankfurt. Plan to rent a car. Not crazy about visiting only Germany, as France is my favorite. Has anyone been to Colmar/ Strasbourg area of Alsace Region? Would you recommend it over the Rhineland? We are musing over Munich or Heidelberg.

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 11:23 AM
Shar

Marie-- I am going in May and I am going to Colmar--Another place you could drive to is the Jungfrau area in Switzerland ---that is not to far from Colmar I am also going to the Mosel area (Zell)--- You'll only know what you liked best after you go

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 12:41 PM
John

Hi, Marie, <BR>One or two hours in any one of, say, oh, a zillion restaurants will make your answer easier. Would we recommend Alsace over the Rhineland? Yup. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 07:32 PM
steve

We went to Strasbourg this past summer as part of a short trip through France and found it to be a very nice place to visit. The mixture of the French/German culture was facinating. We did not get to Colmar, but I've heard nothing but good things about it as well.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 01:09 AM
Chris

Marie, <BR> <BR>My wife and I were in Strasbourg in January for the weekend and had a very nice time. The city center is very picturesque, great for walking around. It has also has good shopping. I would recommend a restaurant called "Le Clou". It is full of locals and some tourists. You will most likely need to share a table, but the atmosphere and food are great.