Alhambra tickets

Old Mar 1st, 2016, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alhambra tickets

Our hotel (Santa Isabel La Real) in Granada has kindly offered to organize our Alhambra tickets. We want to see Alhambra in the evening and then go back the next day- They give us two options:

"Alhambra General Tickets in the morning (8.30-14.00) or afternoon (14.00-20.00) turn. This ticket includes the entrance to the Nasrid Palaces, the Alcazaba Fort and Generalife Gardens in the same turn.
- Combined General ticket. This option includes only the Nasrid Palaces visit in the night (22.00) and the Alcazaba Fort and Generalife Gardens the next morning (8.30-14.00)."

Question: Are we missing anything if we only do Nasrid Palaces in the evening or should we get Alhambra general tickets for the evening and next day as well?
Old Mar 1st, 2016, 04:46 PM
kja

I was very, very glad that I saw the Nasrid Palace during the day (along with the rest of the Alhambra) and then again that night. During the day, you can see much more of the architectural detail, and at least when I was there, you could do so with the advantage of an audio-guide. (I've heard there have been some problems with the audio-guide of late, but you have other options for information, including printed information that will be easier to read in the day.) Then at night, just a few people are admitted, and at least when I was there, everyone kept very quiet during the evening visit. The chance to see it with just a few people and in such evocative conditions was absolutely magical! I really do NOT consider the experiences interchangeable. YMMV.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 2nd, 2016, 04:26 AM

I didn't get a chance to visit at night, and I'm kicking myself for it. Take a look at the layout, it is a sprawling site. I agree with Kja that you should see all of them during the day and if at all possible, Nasrid at night. Enjoy-it is an unforgettable experience!
Old Mar 2nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your guidance above. I have found the info on getting tickets for the Alhambra somewhat confusing and very much appreciate your input. Looks like we should get a general ticket for the evening and a general ticket for daytime rather than the combined ticket which would only allow us the Nasrid palaces in the evening.
Old Mar 2nd, 2016, 06:07 PM
kja

I don't think you would regret that, vic_jola!

Also, since I was there, I believe there are evening tickets for the Generalife. If I were to go again, I would get evening tickets for the Generalife on one day, then a day ticket and evening ticket for the Nasrid Palace the next day. JMO. Enjoy!