Alhambra ticket pickup and entrance?

Old Jan 9th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alhambra ticket pickup and entrance?

ANOTHER Alhambra question and one that I don't think has been asked!! I just purchased our Alhambra tickets for April 25, which is a Monday. We arrive in Granada on Sunday, April 24, late afternoon. We were planning to pick up our tickets at the Alhambra Bookstore on Calle Reyes Catolicos on Sunday. After purchasing the tickets, it belatedly occurred to me that the bookstore may be closed on Sunday. Does anyone know if it is open or not? I tried to search for hours of operation with no success. Since our Nasrid Palace admittance is at 9:30, (only time left available in the morning) we definitely want to pick up tickets prior to Monday! Also, since we will be visiting the Palaces first, isn't there another entrance that is closer than the general entrance? Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 11:36 AM

The opening hours of the bookshop are not shown on their webpage, so you might want to call them (+34) 958 22 82 44 to see if they will be open late Sunday afternoon. Or email them at: [email protected]

www.alhambratienda.es/en/donde-estamos.php
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 01:43 PM

I suggest you first try the downtown store on Sunday, and if it isn't open (I doubt it), try the glass-panelled building past the Alhambra main ticket office housing ServiCaixa machines that print out prebooked tickets. That should be open on Sunday till 7 pm.
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Alec and Robert....most helpful information! Also somewhere I saw that there was another entrance that was closer to the Nasrid Palace, if you already have your tickets in hand. Are either of you, or anyone familiar with that entrance? And how to get to it? Alec, did you mean that you doubt the bookstore would be open or that you doubt it would NOT be open?
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Just an update.....I did email the bookshop, as Robert suggested, and this morning received a helpful reply. For anyone else needing this information....the shop is open every day from 9:30 until 20:30!!! So no worries re picking up our tickets for the next morning!!