Al Sole Hotel Venice. Comments?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Kathy Born

Al Sole Hotel Venice. Comments?

We are planning a trip to venice next week for Thanksgiving. Originally we were booked on Sabena which has ceased to fly. The only way we could book new flights on the days we wanted was to take a package from Italiatours with a very limited choice of hotels. Has anyone stayed at the Al Sole Palace? Its location may not be ideal but we don't plan on spending a lot of time there. We want something with character. Need not be fancy. Kathy in Cambridge

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 04:46 PM
pam

Venice was the last stop on our honeymoon in September. We stayed at Al Sole Hotel, and it was great! It is a charming hotel with alot of character. It's rather hard to find, and not in a supreme location but it's a good hotel. They also have a full breakfast. There is also a great restaurant right around the corner - Al Ponte (tell Sergio the North Carolina honeymooners sent you!).

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Kathy Born

Thanks Pam for the feedback on Al Sole. I think it will be fine for us. The web pictures look nice and we understand that the location isn't primo. We will try Al Ponte and we tell Sergio you sent us!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Kathy
Just a word of caution - overall I would say Al Sole is ok but the rooms are not standard, they vary greatly. Maybe Pam can remember her room number?

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:51 AM
Kathy Born

Thanks the tip about the variability of the rooms. In our family we are famous for taking extra steps to get the best room. I think I'll call or email the hotel. If I'm staying at a hotel and plan to return, I always look at the floor plan posted on the room doors for fire exit purposes and make anote of the rooms with the largest size, best layout, and best view. So I can request them on the next trip. Kathy
PS: Pam, Do you remember your room number or its general location? Floor, view etc.