Reload this Page >

Aix Construction & Lyon Lodgings

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:03 AM
Danella

After reading several postings on this forum, I'm concerned about our plans to be in Aix en Provence in September. Will the road construction be completed? Also, many postings have recommended Lyon. Any ideas for charming lodgings under $1110.00 US dollars?

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Chris

Outside Lyon is Perouges, a medieval city. I think I heard the prices are less than $100/night. There is a web site, but I'm not sure what it is -- perouges.com/.net/.org/.fr -- sorry. <BR> <BR>In Lyon, I think I heard the Carlton is nice, but I'm not sure what price range it's in. <BR> <BR>Aix, I can't help you with -- sorry again.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Danella

Thanks Chris, I'll see if I can find the website. I'm hoping someone else can help on the Aix info. I've tried their website and can't get a reply. We are taking my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who have traveled very little and never been to Aix. We don't mind the mess, but they might.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Betty

No personal experience of Aix recentley but this was posted a few days ago. <BR> <BR>Author: fleur ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 7/12/2001, 11:06 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: Danella, we were in Aix at the end of May and didn't find the Cours Mirabeau a problem, most of the work has already been completed just a little work to be finished on the sidewalks. We were staying at a gite in La Barben for one week and St.Paul de Vence for one week. We had a fantastic vacation in Provence <BR> <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Nancy

Danella, I was in Aix for four days in the beginning of May. The constuction on the Cours Maribeau was more focused on the right hand side of the street, which housed banks, etc. The cafes are all on the left side. It was more confined to sidewalks and a few other unknown (to me) projects. So as far as being unsightly, it wasn't too bad, alot of fencing though that tended to make for poor photo ops. My biggest complaint, which was shared by many, was that on a day with a bit of a breeze, it was hell! I had more grit in my eyes..everyone was walking with tissues to their faces, I was thankful that I had packed a small bottle of saline in my bag. I actually was happy that the next two days were off and on showers, at least it kept the grit from flying. I was told that the constuction would be lasting until the end of the year. Still had a good time there, just walked more on the inner streets..had some of our best meals there! Great town to walk!