Reload this Page >

airport taxi fare

Search

airport taxi fare

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 04:21 PM
gail

airport taxi fare

anyone have an idea what the tax fare will be from the athens airport into the center of town, near the Plaka?

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Jerry

In may, we came in from Santorini to the Omonia area & the cabbie charged us 35Eu. Going back to the airport we were charged 22.50EU. They both had meters but there are 3 sets of numbers & they can add per person + bags. Ask the cabbie @ the airport to get a guestimate.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Sue

The new airport must be lots farther away from the city? From the old one to central Athens used to cost ~$12.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Ruth

Yes, the new airport is a lot further from the city, and there is a toll for the highway in addition (about 1 euro). We were there last month (June 2002) and were charged 15 euro into the city and 20 euro going back. I think we were lucky! Others at the conference we were attending mentioned prices up to 40 euro. If you feel you are being charged far too much, you can ask the taxi driver to wait and go into your hotel to ask for advice (according to my guidebook) this can sometimes result in a more reasonable fare.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 08:13 PM
thomas brown

Good Luck, they will take you for a ride and tell you they don't know where your hotel is, but they have a friend that has a hotel and they can take you there. It happens all the time.<BR>Hotel Plaka is niceand small and a great location. I hope you're not staying in Athens to long, go to the islands.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Marian

I have reservations at Attalos in the Plaka this September. I received a really nice confirmation email from the hotel telling me to expect a taxi fare of 22 - 25 euros from the airport, and that if the taxi driver attempted to charge me more that I should go to the hotel reception before paying.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 07:37 AM
kat

hi, just got back from greece today! we stayed at the Attalos as well (5 min. walk from Plaka), and on our way back in the Acropolis House Pension right in Plaka. On our way from the airport to the Attalos, the driver charged us 25 euro (3 people, 3 suitcases) - as we had expected given the info the hotel gave us. nevertheless, the meter only indicated 10 something.... Mystery! Then, on our way from Plaka to the Airport this morning, the meter again indicated smth. 10-ish and the driver charged 16 euro in total, ("luggage, plus the early hour" etc). so, indeed, it is not a very "logical" system...