Reload this Page >

Airport Hotel-Rome

Search

Airport Hotel-Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 07:07 PM
Barbara

Airport Hotel-Rome

I need to find a hotel near the airport in Rome (FCO) for one night as I'm flying in that night to meet friends who are flying out early the next morning. Any suggestions? <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 04:49 AM
Paulo

The closest hotel to Fiumicino Airport (about 2 km) appears to be the 3-star <BR> <BR> Hotel Mach 2 <BR> V. Portuense, 2465 <BR> 00054 Fiumicino - Roma <BR> Phone (+39) 06-6506394, <BR> Fax 06-6505855 <BR> <BR>I never used it. Most probably you'll need a taxi because though they have a shuttle to/from the airport, service shouldn't start before 7am. If you arrive in Fiumicino late at night it shouldn't be running either. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Barbara

Thanks,Paulo - I'll get in touch with them this weekend. Any other suggestions, anyone? <BR>Barbara

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 01:05 AM
nellie

Sheraton Roma and Holiday Inn Parco are near the airport. Both of them offer shuttle service from airport to hotel. I believe Sheraton has more frequency. Both hotels also have service to downtown. Sheraton drops you off near the Vittorio Emmanuel Ave. and Holiday Inn drops you off near the Pantheon. Sheraton's buffet bfst is great! With both hotels you can also just get on the bus to see downtown (if you've never been) and get on that same bus back to the hotel you just have to tell the driver.

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 01:29 AM
Phil

Hilton has recently inaugurated its Rome Fuimicino Hotel. It is on the airport and linked to the terminals by covered walkways. You might want to check the rates at http://www.hilton.com. <BR> <BR>Phil

Old Jan 8th, 2000, 06:54 PM
Barbara

Thanks to Nellie and Phil - this makes a good set to choose from for this one evening. The next day I meet another friend who arrives at the Rome airport right after the other ones leave (!) and then we'll spend 2 or 3 nights in Rome and then 5 in near Siena. Those will be the next arrangements for which I'll be asking input. Thanks, Barbara