Airport Hotel in Paris

May 3rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
cbleigh

Airport Hotel in Paris

I have an early flight when I leave, I was thinking about an airport hotel. Can anyone recommend a nice yet inexpensive hotel, perhaps which provides a shuttle to CDG?

May 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM

The Comfort Inn CDG is inexpensive and provides a free shuttle. 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Kevin
May 3rd, 2005, 09:28 AM

We stayed at the Clim'Hotel in March 2005. It is a member of the Logis de France group and has a two chimney rating. The Logis de France website is www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/ (English). The hotel's website is www.climhotel.com.

It is very inexpensive on weekends (we stayed Easter Sunday)with a weekend rate of only 41 Euros for one or two people. The regular rate is 69 Euros.

It does have a free shuttle to and from CDG; the desk clerk is also the shuttle driver. We did not use the shuttle because we had a car. The big plus for us (besides the weekend rate) was the free parking offered in a secure area.

The hotel was very basic but clean; it was not crowded at all. We had a room with three beds; we only needed two but the room was quite spacious. We had a large television with all French channels plus BBC, CNN, and MTV (plus "adult" programming after 10:00 PM that we did not watch after we discovered it).

The bathroom was clean with a tub, sink, shower, and lots of towels. We had a closet and lots of storage space.

We would stay there again if we could get the weekend rate and had an early flight.

It took about ten minutes to drive from the hotel to the rental car return at terminal 2 (we stopped to fill up the tank at the CDG service station).

The hotel was really easy to drive to from the motorway.

In the past, we have stayed at the Ibis at Roissypole, but the Clim'Hotel was too cheap to pass up.
May 4th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Dorothy01,
Thanks for the specific info. I am planning on changing my venue a bit. I used to stay in hotels around the Chantilly area, but will this year stay near CDG. I had chosen the Marriott as a pleasant place based on reviews. It probably is not as inexpensive, therefore does not meet the criteria, but it does have excellent reviews and is close to the airport.
Please tell me if you can, where the CDG service station is...I have several large scale maps of the area, and should have realized that a service station was nearby on the airport grounds.
May 4th, 2005, 06:41 AM

Bid on a 4* Roissy hotel on Priceline.
May 4th, 2005, 07:38 AM

I don't like airport hotels. The freighters come and go all night, so unless the soundproofing is really exceptional, your sleep can be interrupted by the noise.

If I were flying out of CDG early in the morning, I'd find a hotel along the RER B between Luxembourg and St-Michel Notre-Dame. The first train departs Luxembourg at 5h21, and gets you to CDG2 at 5h58. If you need to get there earlier, service from Gare du Nord starts at 4h56, arriving at 5h30.
May 4th, 2005, 11:25 AM

The service station is located at CDG airport. If you are driving from Paris and take the CDG exit, then you will see the service station on your way to terminal 2.

If you are coming from Cergy-Pontoise, then there is a convenient service station located just off the motorway (the exit is only for the service station).

The Clim'hotel was the only inexpensive hotel we could find near the airport (it is quite close to the Hyatt)that offered free parking in a secure area.

It was certainly not luxurious but it was a great value for the weekend rate of 41 Euros. We skipped breakfast and ate cookies and fruit at the Admirals Club.
May 4th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Dorothy,
Thank you for the specific info, so nice to be able to access on this site.
May 5th, 2005, 07:03 AM

Stay at the Suite Hotel...an Accor hotel...the one at Charles de Gaulle-Nord. There are two locations. The shuttle from the airport will first stop at the first Suite Hotel and then on to the second one...where there are also the following hotels in the same courtyard...Formule 1/2/3/ ....Etap(?)...and I think one more that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. The Suite Hotel is the best one.I stayed there three days(in 2004) and commuted into Paris. I vacation in Paris a lot. Plus if you stay at this courtyard of hotels, there is a restaurant there where there isn't one at the first Suite Hotel stop. Just go on Accor.com I think it would be. Happy Travels!