Reload this Page >

Airline ticket costs

Search

Airline ticket costs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Barbara

Airline ticket costs

4 of us are going to Italy in mid-March. Airline tickets seem high right now. Should we wait to purchase till after the holidays or book right now? Help.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Book Chick

From where are you leaving and what prices have you been seeing?

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 04:11 PM
barbara

We would be leaving from the East Coast - DC, NYC, Charlotte or Philly. Prices around $650/person. Thanks for asking.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Book Chick

Hmm, they do seem a bit high..I just booked JFK to FCO for January & I'm paying $405. (Which I didn't think was a bargain, but isn't bad, either.) I see no harm in waiting a bit to see what happens. (BTW, I began to look at the end of October & they did come down a little.)<BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Rex

If all else fails, and if price is very important to you, you should look into flying into London - - or even better still, into Brussels. You can fly to Italy very cheaply from there, and I suspect that you can find fares under $350 with under $100 to go onward to Italy.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:06 PM
bettyk

Barbara, I just checked Orbitz.com on flights from Washington Dulles to Rome departing Saturday, 9 March, returning Sunday, 17 March, and got several fares under $500 including BA to Heathrow and then on to Rome. Just for grins, I also checked Dulles to Milan and got $382 round trip for the same dates above on United!

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Joe

Rex: Where are you finding $350 fares to Brussels? I am trying to make arrangements for a trip to Belgium in May and all I am seeing (that is available) is $900+ round-trip fares. I have checked all the travel sites repeatedly. Since I have to go to Scotland for a wedding first, I would consider flying to London as well. Any advise would be appreciated.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:12 PM
bettyk

JOe, there's a big difference between fares in March and fares in May. The Spring fare sales probably won't show up until January or February.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 06:15 PM
Joe

Thanks. I keep checking almost dailey. I am coming from the West Coast. So, that makes a difference too.