Airfares to England HELP

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Joanna

Airfares to England HELP

We have to attend a family wedding in Manchester in June and am trying to find reasonable airfares - There are 4 of us flying from Newark - So far can't find anything under $850, - Anybody have any suggestions?????????

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 02:34 PM
J

Hi Joanna - <BR>We just bought tickets from SFO to LHR for mid-March for $510 each round trip/ non-stop... (Virgin Atlantic) I know June is probably high-season though.... There are lots of sales right now. Try the following sites: <BR> <BR>www.virgin-atlantic.com <BR>www.united.com <BR>www.britishairways.com <BR> <BR>...if you find a good deal, grab them! I waited too long on tickets w/United & now we're paying about $200 more. <BR> <BR>Also try: <BR> <BR>www.qixo.com <BR>I would really think that you should be able to find something for less than $850. Hope this helps you some.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Rex

Visit them for their eight months' anniversary? <BR> <BR>In February, you could each go for $350 per seat, and every one of you can give the happy couple $500 as your belated wedding gift! <BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 04:24 PM
judy

You are definitely going in High Season for airfare. The only way to get it down at that time is to go through a consolidator. Some travel agencies use consolidator air, rather than just regular air carrier fares. Be careful who you buy from however. Don't be pressured to buy with cash/check. Use a credit card.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Anna

You might want to look at: <BR>www.flights.com <BR>www.onetravel.com

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Anna

You might want to look at: <BR>www.flights.com <BR>www.onetravel.com

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Kathy

You might try calling every single travel agency in your area. We could not find any good rates on London round trips last August (high season - the same problem you are having) until we called an agent our orthodontist recommended. They had their own personal discount rate for non-stops from our city. We were able to get tickets for just over $600, which was about $200 cheaper than anything else we could find at that time.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 07:49 PM
nancy

Joanna, Try "Cheap Tickets.com" ...then, call them...If you find a good fare on their Web site..you can call them and they will honor it. Nancy

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Holly

Try moving your arrival and departure dates to mid-week. I just adjusted my schedule for Reno/Venice in April by a mere 2 days, and the fare dropped $500. YES!!!

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Sheila

My travel agent just got me tickets from Memphis to Gatwick on Us Airways for $589 each for June.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 08:56 AM
mary

I called a consolidator who uses Air Canada last week. The fare before June 16th was $469 from the midwest and after that the fare went up to $710 including taxes. Of course we have a function to attend at the end of June! If anyone knows a consolidator who sells Delta please let me know. Kathy would you care to share? I can email you directly if you are agreeable. I will not use my email on site as I have had too many unwanted emails. Sheila when in June are you going? Thanks.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Anna

My tickets from www.onetravel.com are on Delta, so I think they are a consolidator for them. The fare I got through them was ~$200 cheaper than the same flights at Delta's website or at Expedia.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Sheila

To Mary: June 6 - 17.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 09:37 AM
mary

Still searching. Anyone finding any cheaper airfares to London after June 16th?

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 06:19 PM
john

Try (JustFares.com). Yesterday I booked a great fare to Europe on it much lower than I have seen after looking days elsewhere. And blessedly, for a change, there's is a very easy to use web site.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 11:58 AM
Rex

Joanna, <BR> <BR>Sorry about my rather sarcastic answer earlier. I just got back from florida, and seeing Canada3000 in the airtport reminded me that they might be worth your money to investigate. <BR> <BR>They currently show fares from Toronto to Manchester near your desired dates for $729+104 in taxes (prices in Canadian dollars) which at current exchange rates is about $550 USD. For $300 USD per person savings (times 4 in your family), it might ne worth the drive from Newark - - I realize that is a long way - - but $1200 is a lot of money!) <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Danna

See what's available on "Tiss.com". <BR>Happy searching! We found what we needed for March on this website.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Lynn

Just be careful if you go Canada3000 - the tickets are cheap for a reason! It's a long flight when you're couped up tight. Best to go through a travel agent who know when all the seat sales come up. (I am leaving from Ottawa Canada in mid-May, flying Air Canada to London, for the equivalent of US$300.)

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 06:41 AM
Angela

I've really been surprised by the fares this year. I've never seen them so high. I've never paid more than $500 from Washington, D.C. to London (including during the months of June, July and August), and I haven't seen anything fro under $820 for this coming summer. At the moment, I'm flying in April for $350 (on Virgin), and hope that rates go down or someone has a special so that I can get home again over the summer. <BR> <BR>Anyone know what's going on?

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 07:42 PM
Jim

I am going to London easter weekend on tickets I got through Priceline.com for $300. This was half of the fare posted on Travelocity, Bestfares, Lowestfares, and some other search engines at the time. You have to be willing to take what they give you on the days you're willing to travel (which for us means traveling from DC to Toronto to London). It's worth making a lowball offer to see what comes up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -