airfare to Ireland

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 08:29 AM
Kathy

airfare to Ireland

I will be going to Shannon, Ireland next May-shoulder season, I beleive. Does anyone know how to get a fare from Boston for under 600$. Aer Lingus seems to control the marget. I know it's too early to book but wondered what I should be looking for. I usually check Travelocity frequently to cross check fares. Thanks.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 09:28 AM
Judy

Hello Kathy, that is a tough one. I would continue the search on Travelocity and Expedia, if you have the time and patience. About booking, that depends how set your travel dates will be. Do you have something in particular going on....that is a factor....For May 600$ does not seem too bad for Boston to Shannon....I wish I could help you more, good luck, Judy

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 09:38 AM
Shannon

Kathy,
I paid $612 when i went last may. I left from Newark, however. Although the prices are probably about the same for newark vs. boston. I used expedia.com and booked at the end of march. The price had risen from one week to the next, and I believe I could have gotten it for just a little under $600.
P.S. If you go in February you can get two tix for $500 or $600. What a great deal! I am considering it for a long weekend getaway!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 01:36 PM
Kevin

You can usually fly Aer Lingus for that fare or less from Boston that time of year. They always have sales, so just hang on. You're trying to buy your ticket WAY too early.

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Kathy

Thanks for the input. I do have set dates in mind because of work schedule & we've also rented a house on the Dingle Peninsula. I won't think of actually booking the fare before 3 months or so before but wondered if there were any other carriers besides Aer Lingus that fly Boston to Shannon. I'll probably use travelocity & just check the fares regularly. I did that with a trip this past summer from Providence to Calgary & actually saved about 150$ over the original "best" fare. Obviously, air fare is the most expensive part of a vacation in Ireland.