Reload this Page >

Airfare question - how do I know?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Karen

I am going to Prague in the beginning of April (with a four day trip to Paris in there, as well). I have found airfare through delta for $721. I've shopped around to all of the "discount" places (expedia, travelocity, priceline) and the lowest I can find is $641-ish. I've decided I'd rather pay the $80 and get the frequent flyer miles. My question: is $721 good or bad? Do I wait and look for a deal this month? Is April back to a busier tourist season and there won't be any deals? My only experience with over seas airfare has been through delta buddy passes for $250. Please help this novice - but eager - traveler.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Rex

One of the commonest questions on this forum - - and one of the commonest omissions. We have to know where you are originating - - Vancouver? Brisbane? Chattanooga? - - to give any advice on how good - - or not - - an airfare is.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Karen

Wow - how did I miss that - leaving from New York.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Rex

I saw lower last year (traveling to Prague or Budapest, I seem to recall), on Finnair, and it essentially came with a free stopover in Helsinki on the way back (because you have no choice) - - but it is so unpredictable. I think that what you have now is pretty good. Does it make or break the trip at this price? At $100 more? at $100 less?<BR><BR>I think you should not count on any better deals.<BR><BR>But someone did mention tonight some good deals at www.nwa.com (Spain only? - - not sure).<BR><BR>and trying asking the question on the Cheap Flights forum at www.eurotrip.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:31 AM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Christina

I think that's pretty good given it apparently includes an open-jaw with Paris somehow? I've flown from east coast RT Prague in May (and through Paris, but not including a stopover), and it was about $600 a couple years ago, but this year I'm finding much higher fares in May (which are probably about the same for April). Just wanted to say that Travelocity and Expedia aren't discount places that I know of (def. not like Priceline), you can get FF miles on tickets bought through Travelocity, I do it all the time. You might check out www.qixo.com also to see what turns up (but I don't think they do open-jaw online).

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Karen

Thanks for the help - I guess my procrastination paid off a little. After checking prices daily for so long, I tried one last time on delta and out-of-the-blue it was $602. Yeah! Less many and the airmiles put me over the top for a freebie!