Air travel to Turkey

Jun 12th, 1998, 11:02 AM
Crystal Zimmerman

Air travel to Turkey

Does anyone know if Turkish Airlines have a non stop flight from New York to Istanbul and how long is the flight? Many thanks. Crystal

Jun 15th, 1998, 01:33 AM
George Holt

Turkish Airlines (THY, Turk Hava Yollari) have a web presence of sorts but its not straightforward to find. A web search and a bit of detective work will eventually turn up scheduling details. If I come across the bookmark I'm sure I've got somewhere I'll post it.

Jun 15th, 1998, 07:36 AM
Angela

They certainly do an non-stop Chicago to Istanbul.

Aug 19th, 1998, 03:34 AM
Coop

Hi, web address of THY is www.turkishairlines.com.tr
It has a non-stop flight from NY to İstanbul. You can find details in the web site.

Aug 21st, 1998, 07:08 AM
Arizona

We flew Turkish Airlines from JFK to Istanbul in May. Left at 6 p.m. and arrived 11 a.m. on time. Splendid service and clean aircraft. Baggage handled perfectly. Flew within Turkey and returned all on Turkish Airlines. Impeccable.

Aug 25th, 1998, 06:53 AM
Dr.Teoman Ulas

Turkish Airlines has a direct flight from NY (JFK) to Istanbul 7 days a week.Flight no. is TK 1492, leaving NY at 18.00 and arriving in Istanbul Atatürk Airport at 10.45 next day,local time.
The return flight to NY , flight no. TK 1491 leaves Istanbul at 11.10 and arrives in NY at 15.15
Wish you a very nice time in Turkey.
If you need additional information about Istanbul & Turkey,please e-mail me. I am a Turkish citizen living in Istanbul.
Kind regards Dr. Teoman Ulas