Reload this Page >

Air travel in France

Search

Air travel in France

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Pete

Air travel in France

I am trying to find a cheap flight between <BR>Paris and Nice. Have looked at Air France and Easyjet sites. Is there another airline that has service between these two cities?<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Andre

Air Lib Express (from Orly)<BR><BR>www.airlibexpress.com<BR>(web site is in French only at this point, but should also be bookable through Travelocity/Orbitz or travel agencies)<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:05 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>France is one of the few countries (with Scandinavia and Germany) that still fights "no frill" airlines.<BR><BR>Check out flights from London, or Brussels, to Nice with the cheaper airlines.<BR><BR>Basically AF and the French Government operate protectionist policies.<BR><BR>Bon chance<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Gerry K

Pete,<BR><BR>You might also try opodo.com, the European orbitz.<BR><BR>Gerry K

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Pete

Thanks for the info! I have a couple of more questions though Has anyone flown Air Lib Express and what is there reputation. Also if I am flying into CDG is it hard to get over to Orly?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Christina

Pete, I cannot help you with what Air Lib Express is like, I've only flown Air France between CDG & Nice. However, it is not difficult to get to Orly from CDG, just takes some time. Air France runs a bus that goes directly between the two airports (takes about an hour, costs maybe $10 if you don't have an AF ticket, not much anyway). That's the easiest route, I think.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Wendy

Pete,<BR><BR>Just wanted to say that Air Lib got mentioned in Bestfares magazine-supposedly offering one way fares between Paris and Nice for as low as 29 euros each way.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 02:44 AM
John B.

Hi:<BR>I booked a terrific deal on Expedia a few years ago from Paris to Marseille.<BR>On looking at the tickets when we got to CDG, we discovered the flights were from and back to Orly. Therefore, taxi to Orly and back = what we would have paid from CDG to start with.<BR>ps. This was not Expedia's fault but my own for not being more attentive.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Andre

Pete,<BR><BR>Considering the fact that you're flying into CDG, I would only bother with AirLib Express if they're a LOT cheaper. As Christina says, it takes about an hour to change airports (that's not counting the waiting time for the bus to arrive).<BR><BR>Regarding personal experience with AirLib, I only flew its previous incarnation, Air Liberte a few times in 2000/2001 (it was controlled by Swissair at the time). Not especially impressed - plane interiors were tired-looking, some delays... nothing terrible but not exactly great either.<BR><BR>In summary, I my first choice would be Air France (you can probably check your luggage through to Nice from the US), then Easyjet. AirLib only if it's dirt cheap.<BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR>Andre<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:23 PM
julie

We flew AirLib this past February. we got a really good deal on Expedia for a flight from Paris to Nice and then a return to Perpignan. I'm thinking it was less than $100 per person round trip. WE know it was cheaper than the train because we had checked out the fares. They definitely cater to the French. It is the only European airline I have ever been on that did not make announcements in English. We had plane trouble and had to return to the airport. It is a good thing that I understand some French because otherwise we wouldn't have had a clue. Definitely a no-frills airline though you get what you pay for.