Search

Air Canada??

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Scott

Air Canada??

Can anyone tell me how Air Canada compares to Air France or the other airlines? The second lowest priced ticket I found was through Air Canada. <BR> <BR>How's the leg room for a 6'4" person? <BR>

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Lee

Air Canada is comparable to Delta or Continental in most ways. As a Canadian I am on it all the time...explain your height at time of booking and they will try to put you in bulkhead or the middle rows with one seat removed to accomadate the emergency extis. I was on a four hour flight on AC last week with a business colleague of 6'2" and he remarked that he thought it was better than most airlines. All other amenities are pretty typical: our breakfast in economy was a choice of hot eggs and sausage or fruit and cereal and we were offered juice or water just before landing...this was a 4 hour domestic flight.

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Bob Brown

I have not flown to Europe on Air Canada, but if the Airbus 340A is in service, you might have a little more leg room. If the aircraft is a Boeing 767, you will be about like the others. <BR>I flew Atlanta to Toronto and Toronto to Calgary and return. At the time, I thought Air Canada to be the best airline I have used. <BR>Nothing has changed that opinion. <BR>Unfortunately, the boys who run the yield management programs seem to think that packing in the cows is the way to fly. That plague afflicts all airlines it seems.

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:11 AM
Scott

Thanks for the info! <BR> <BR>Any advice on British Airways as well?

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:16 AM
BTilke

Air Canada was the second worst airline I'd ever flown on, coming in just behind KLM/NW. <BR>We took a flight starting in Seattle on Air BC, then connecting through Vancouver and Toronto to Paris. Air Canada insisted that our bags would be checked through by Air BC, that we wouldn't have to recheck them. We asked several times and always got that same response. Then, in Vancouver airport, just as we were switching over to where we'd catch the flight to Toronto, we saw our bags circling all by their lonesome on a carousel. We asked a security person there--and he told us we had to recheck out bags (he was right). Not that it mattered. Air Canada misplaced our bags and it took THREE DAYS for them to show up in Paris, even though they knew the bags were in Toronto. Their personnel were very evasive; having had luggage lost before en route to Paris (by KLM), we knew we were entitled to get a little cash for the inconvenience. When Air France (whose office personnel handles misplaced bags for AC)called down to Air Canada about it, they made us wait an hour before some AC person rushed up and tried to shove a pair of business class toilet bags at us--and then ran off. The AF guy chased him down the hallway and got the cash for us. <BR>Things were worse on the way back. Once again, our bags were misplaced (all clearly labeled checked in well in advance); the AC people were frosty and rude telling us "you're lucky you'll get them back at all" and "you're going home, what difference does it make when you get them back." <BR>FYI, the AF guy who handled the matter for us in Paris said they misplace a LOT of bags coming through Toronto. Flights that go through Montreal do a little better, he said, but not much. <BR>BTilke

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Jane

I flew Air Canada from Belfast to Toronto, and had no problems. Standard airline--not any better or worse than the others.