Reload this Page >

Age limit for London pubs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Tracy

What are the rules for taking kids (14 and 10) into pubs? Are the strictly banned? If they are allowed, what is a great, historical pubs we must see?

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 03:52 PM
David

I was England this past spring with my neice, 14 and nephew 13. I never quite figured out a pattern. Some pubs we went into we were told children weren't allowed. In some pubs the kids were OK. Some were OK until after dinner (about 8:00pm) then no kids.<BR><BR>We handled it by just walking in. If the kids weren't supposed to be there somebody told us, always very graciously. Then we just moved down to the next pub on the block. If no one said anything to us, we stayed.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Maggie

Youngsters are usually allowed (and welcomed) in pubs throughout the UK if they are accompanied by an adult and they are well behaved.<BR>Pubs serving food are probably more welcoming than "alehouses".<BR>Greenwich would be a good place to visit, there are lots of Thames-side pubs serving good food and some interesting boats on display, and you are not too far from the Greenwich Observatory.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Monica

We took our one-year old into three separate pubs with no problems. This was for lunch.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 10:03 PM
ttt

See the topped post TAKING KIDS INTO PUBS

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:03 AM
kate

Legally, only children 14 and over are allowed in to pubs, but even this is at the discretion of the landlord/manager. You may sometimes see a sticker on the door saying "strictly over 18s only".<BR><BR>However, some pubs that serve food are more relaxed and sometimes you'll find a separate room for families. <BR><BR>There really is no standard practice so you will need to check each pub individually.